Inauguration Address
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:07:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Inauguration Address
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inauguration Address  (Read 930 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

Greetings to all ladies and gentlemen of the Republic. Smiley

First, a note on the election.  I understand that some of you may feel that certain voters were disenfranchised, whether through activity requirements or the VP-less ballot disqualification or whatever else.  I also understand that, had every single vote been counted, John Ford/True Democrat would have won this election.  On that note, I recognize the need and share your concerns for a clarification of laws on topics like ballots that do not list a VP.  I'm sure that the Senate will pass legislation regarding the matter, and if they don't, I will prompt them to do so.

I hope to take on a slightly different tone than my predecessors, all of whom I respect, by making my presidential agenda focused on writing legislation for the Senate on a regular basis and working to see all of my goals become law after fair and healthy debate in the Senate.  This could be anything minor, from small changes or extensions of certain laws, to major goals, such as re-establishing a national minimum wage, reforming social security, and clarifying election laws.

As such, I'd like to congratulate all of our newly elected and re-elected Senators, MasterJedi, Yates, Flyers, WMS, and Bacon King, as well as the five district Senators who will be remaining in the Senate.  I look forward to working with all of you in the hope of pursuing action on shared goals, finding suitable compromises on every bill that is debated when necessary, and maintaining a relaxed, but work-focused atmosphere in the Senate with the help of the Vice President.

Finally, I'd like to thank Joe Republic for leading the nation for most of his term, and giving me the oppurtunity to serve in the executive branch following Defarge's resignation.  I wish him the best of luck in whatever he is doing now.

Thank you.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 03:55:43 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President. Best of luck!
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President. Best of luck!
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 05:01:52 PM »

See you in the Senate, then. Wink
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 10:18:47 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. President!
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 10:23:37 PM »

Best of luck, Mr President

I, most sincerely, hope we will work together, on issues, where we can establish common grond Smiley

'Hawk'

Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 11:46:41 AM »

Congradulations and good luck Ebowed.

However you must remember your constitutional duty is to be the leader of the executive branch of Atlasia not a Senator and in that way you must remember your place in the check and balance system that we have so that in your dealings with the Senate you do not become a part of both branches.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 11:56:35 AM »

Congratulations, Mr. President.

I look foward to working with you, in best interests of Atlasia, of course.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies