Governor Endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:02:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Governor Endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Governor Endorsements  (Read 3266 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 02:42:14 PM »

My list is pretty much identical to Sam's, except I support Weld and I'm not sure I'd support Perry strongly.

On Perry, if you want to support Kinky (who is too liberal for me), that's fine.  I can respect that.  I might add that if Gammage wins, I might give him a look, but his sort of questionable legal actions in the past would taint a certain amount of potential suport.

Bell is a simply boring, staid sure loser and Carole McClellan Keeton Strayhorn Rylander is simply not to be trusted, in anything I might add.

So, by default it's Perry.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 03:50:37 PM »

Alabama - Not sure; I quite like Riley. Quite like Baxley as well. Main thing is for Moore to lose in the primary...
Alaska - Anyone but Governer Nepotism
Arizona - Napolitano
Arkansas - Beebe
California - Don't like any of the candidates to be honest...
Colorado - Don't know enough
Connecticut - Apparently Rell has done a good job so...
Florida - Don't know enough
Georgia - Wouldn't vote for Sonny
Hawaii - Not sure...
Idaho - Don't know enough
Illinois - Undecided
Iowa - Culver
Kansas - Sebelius
Maine - Undecided
Maryland - Undecided
Massachusetts - Undecided
Michigan - Granholm
Minnesota - Hatch
Nebraska - Dontknowenough
Nevada - Donknowenough
New Hampshire - Lynch
New Mexico - Richardson (not a big fan of him though; o/c cronyism is a longstanding tradition in NM politics so...)
New York - Something about Spitzer irritates me... I'd probably vote for him anyways though...
Ohio - Strickland
Oklahoma - Henry
Oregon - Kulongoski
Pennsylvania - Undecided
Rhode Island - Dunno
South Carolina - Anyone but Sanford...
South Dakota - ?
Tennessee - Undecided
Texas - Kinky!
Vermont - ?
Wisconsin - Don't really know enough
Wyoming - Freudenthal
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 04:01:09 PM »

Alabama - Not sure...
California - Don't like any of the candidates to be honest...
Colorado - Don't know enough
Florida - Don't know enough
Hawaii - Not sure...
Idaho - Don't know enough
Illinois - Undecided
Maine - Undecided
Maryland - Undecided
Massachusetts - Undecided
Nebraska - Dontknowenough
Nevada - Donknowenough
Pennsylvania - Undecided
Rhode Island - Dunno
South Dakota - ?
Tennessee - Undecided
Vermont - ?
Wisconsin - Don't really know enough

You're soooooooooooo decisive.

Even those you take stands on are indefinite!
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2006, 08:35:42 PM »

If Rounds signs that ridiculous abortion bill in SD, he will certainly lose his status as one of my favorite governors.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2006, 10:01:56 PM »

New Mexico - whichever sacrificial lamb the Republican put up. Note: I didn't vote for Richardson because of concerns over cronyism back in 2002, either. I was proven to be correct in my concerns. Tongue He's not an atrocity as governor, either, so I ain't gonna lose sleep when he rolls to another landslide...if he can get that school construction money to the West Side, that is (goddamn Northern New Mexico Democrats Angry ). If he can't, he'll still win, but not in a landslide. The West Side may cast 10% of the total votes in NM, remember? Wink Local politics, ah, how it always influences things out here. Cheesy
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 05:05:58 PM »

New Mexico - whichever sacrificial lamb the Republican put up. Note: I didn't vote for Richardson because of concerns over cronyism back in 2002, either. I was proven to be correct in my concerns. Tongue He's not an atrocity as governor, either, so I ain't gonna lose sleep when he rolls to another landslide...if he can get that school construction money to the West Side, that is (goddamn Northern New Mexico Democrats Angry ). If he can't, he'll still win, but not in a landslide. The West Side may cast 10% of the total votes in NM, remember? Wink Local politics, ah, how it always influences things out here. Cheesy

From http://www.joemonahan.com/ :
New Plan Surfaces To Relieve Overcrowded Schools; Can It Bail Out Big Bill?

The failure to secure funding for schools in fast growing suburbs on ABQ's Westside and in Dona Ana county was one of Big Bill's setbacks at the recent legislative session and, according to reliable sources, the Guv is now working feverishly to come through with the cash to build two new ABQ high schools and other schools in Dona Ana.

"There is serious talk about floating bonds for the schools that would be backed by the severance tax permanent fund. It would be a novel approach, but it appears to be legal and does not require the approval of the Legislature, only the Public School Capital Outlay Council," informed one source.

Before the session the Governor boasted that he would get nearly $300 million in money for new schools, but the lawmakers appropriated a paltry $90 million. After the rejection, APS school board member Robert Lucero infuriated the Guv by calling the session "The Year of the Spaceport," not "The Year of the Child" as touted by Big Bill.

One Westside activist determined to get those schools built circulated an e-mail that dragged the 08' Prez race into the fray.

"The Guv will not be dinged much in the upcoming election with his failure to get the critically needed funds to fix school overcrowding. His problem will come in selling his "educational Governor" status in his other campaign. One of his chief rivals is the former Governor of Virginia, who did find a way to build and fix that state's schools. If the Guv can't move New Mexico forward, how can he move America forward?" Questioned the activist.

It's a tough one for the chief exec because TV news has been playing the video where he pledged to come up with the money. The bond plan could be the way out. The Guv has issued executive orders to implement several of his proposals that were killed in Session 06.' Getting desperately needed schools built and fading the political heat in this election year may require him to again do an end run around opposing lawmakers.

THE ROARING TRAFFIC'S BOOM

Menawhile, the Guv may have an opportunity to pacify some of his Westside critics. And it comes from the R's. State Sen. Joe Carraro says $500,000 to four-lane the Paseo Del Norte road extension made it through the Legislature, as did another $300,000 secured by fellow GOP Senator Mark Boitano. The money is set loose if Big Bill signs off on it.

If the Guv does give the OK, it will also help Dem ABQ Mayor Marty with his Westside constituents. The mayor has said the city is short the cash for the four lane job. It was GOP U.S. Senator Domenici who recently came to the mayor's aid in winning four lanes for the Montano Bridge and now it's the two state GOP senators. The mayor has been the target of liberals who joke that he should switch to the Repubs, but why should he when he's already getting their help and Westside Dems say that's fine with them. Well, there is the matter of the Dem nomination for Guv in future years, but that's another story...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Richardson can actually pull off both adequate funding for Westside Schools AND gives us the money for a 4-lane Paseo...hell, I'll vote for him.

All Politics Is Local. Kiki
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

Alabama - Siegelman or Baxley
Alaska - Berkowitz
Arizona - Napolitano
Arkansas - Beebe
California - Angelides
Colorado - Ritter
Connecticut - Rell
Florida - Davis
Georgia - Cox
Hawaii - Lingle
Idaho - Brady
Illinois - Blagojevich
Iowa - Culver
Kansas - Sebelius
Maine - Baldacci
Maryland - O'Malley
Massachusetts - Reilly
Michigan - Granholm
Minnesota - Doran or Hatch
Nebraska - Hahn
Nevada - Gibson
New Hampshire - Lynch
New Mexico - Richardson
New York - Spitzer
Ohio - Strickland
Oklahoma - Henry
Oregon - Kulongoski
Pennsylvania - Rendell
Rhode Island - Fogarty
South Carolina - Moore
South Dakota - Sutton
Tennessee - Bredesen
Texas - Gammage
Vermont - Parker
Wisconsin - Doyle
Wyoming - Freudenthal
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 07:38:15 PM »

I can't believe how many people are enorseing Doyle seeing how he hasn't done anything good for the state.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2006, 01:55:08 AM »

Florida - Crist
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length