DC Primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  DC Primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DC Primary  (Read 8422 times)
WONK
Rookie

« on: January 15, 2004, 04:36:57 PM »

As a local boy, some insights:
I live in MD about 10 minute drive from DC.  Outside of federal areas, DC is an absolute hole.  In my opinion, it must demonstrate an ability to do something, anything, with success before we go handing it more rights, etc.
Ehrlich has been quite a pleasant surprise here in MD (if you are a Republican, that is).  For all of my political life, the entire state of Maryland has been beholdent politically to the extremely liberal Montgomery and Prince George's counties (making up the northern borders of DC) as well as Baltimore City.  I was shocked when Ehrlich won, as I returned home from the polls that evening thinking I had wasted my time.  Even with a Rep governor, I thought he would have an impossible time with all of the Dems in the state gov.  Much of his agenda was shot down in his 1st year, however, recent opinion polls done after his 1st year in office show that he is very popular among Marylanders.  So, I guess there is hope.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies