crack conspiracy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:41:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  crack conspiracy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: crack conspiracy?  (Read 3765 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2006, 12:18:46 PM »

is crack a government conspiracy to bring down the black community?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 12:26:46 PM »

Um, what?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 12:29:14 PM »

the theory goes that government distributed crack in black neighborhoods.  i think maxine waters buys into this theory.

just wondering what everyone else thinks.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »

crack is SO GREAT.

and it's SO SIMPLE TO MAKE.

all you need is cocaine, and some baking soda! agh!
skybridge
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 12:51:40 PM »

crack is SO GREAT.

and it's SO SIMPLE TO MAKE.

all you need is cocaine, and some baking soda! agh!

Here's our first example of the government bringing down the black community Wink
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 01:18:28 PM »

And meth is the government conspiracy to bring down the white community.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 01:42:24 PM »

is crack a government conspiracy to bring down the black community?

If you believe that, then you're smoking crack.

It's just another handy excuse to allow people to escape responsibility for the stupidity and irresponsibility of their own decisions.

Nothing more needs to be said on this.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 06:16:23 PM »

There was no need to 'bring down' the black community - they are already lodged firmly at the bottom of our social heirarchy.

There is no need for secret schemes to keep the poor and working class in their position of subservience - the State does that already very openly.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 07:33:12 PM »

Actually I know many many blacks that believe this to be the truth. They believe the govt only busts "just enough" drug dealers and drugs to make a show to the public but usually the cops & customs allows the drugs to come in to destroy the black community.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 07:34:44 PM »

Actually I know many many blacks that believe this to be the truth. They believe the govt only busts "just enough" drug dealers and drugs to make a show to the public but usually the cops & customs allows the drugs to come in to destroy the black community.

It is that mentality that has brought down the black community, more than anything else.  Crack couldn't do any harm to people who chose not to use it.

If you see yourself as a passive victim who is not capable of making choices in your life, that is what you will always be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »

Crack couldn't do any harm to people who chose not to use it.

Not true

If my father's a crack addict and I'm a little non-crack addict black living in an urban tenement and we can't make rent because pops is using the welfare check on snow, crack doesn't impact me even though I choose not to use it?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 01:03:49 AM »

Crack couldn't do any harm to people who chose not to use it.

Not true

If my father's a crack addict and I'm a little non-crack addict black living in an urban tenement and we can't make rent because pops is using the welfare check on snow, crack doesn't impact me even though I choose not to use it?

Same with additions to alcohol, tobacco, pot, heroin, meth, food, and sex, in Opebo's and BRTD's cases.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 01:31:55 AM »

What? this thread wasn't about plumbers?

man I picked a bad day to quit amphetamines.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006, 09:18:19 AM »

There was no need to 'bring down' the black community - they are already lodged firmly at the bottom of our social heirarchy.
That is where you are wrong, Opebo. You should know that tis the Mexicans and Puerto Ricans that are ignorantly looked down upon the most. Or maybe thats just 'special' to my area.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

That is where you are wrong, Opebo. You should know that tis the Mexicans and Puerto Ricans that are ignorantly looked down upon the most. Or maybe thats just 'special' to my area.

Yeah in Missouri there are so few hispanics of any kind that it is pretty much just 1) upper-middle class whites, (20%) 2) working class 'white trash', (40%) 3) rednecks, (30%) and 4) blacks (10%)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006, 10:32:19 AM »

Yeah in Missouri there are so few hispanics of any kind that it is pretty much just 1) upper-middle class whites, (20%) 2) working class 'white trash', (40%) 3) rednecks, (30%) and 4) blacks (10%)

For those among us who aren't very familiar with either, what differentiates numbers two and three?

dont you just love how opebo claims not to be a bigot?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006, 06:12:12 PM »

I don't buy the conspiracy idea but i do wonder why minorities who use crack get more jail time than whites who use cocain.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 08:02:30 PM »

I don't buy the conspiracy idea but i do wonder why minorities who use crack get more jail time than whites who use cocain.
Because.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2006, 08:43:32 PM »

Originally, many blacks pushed for very severe sentences for crack use/possession because of the devastating effect that crack was having on the black community.  Cocaine simply was not having the same devastating effect as crack.

Typically, it's now been turned around so that something that was favored by many black leaders at the time of its enactment is now called 'racist.'  And people wonder why most of us no longer take the whole 'racism' thing very seriously.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2006, 12:48:00 AM »

For those among us who aren't very familiar with either, what differentiates numbers two and three?

It is an interesting fact that most upper middle to upper class people do not actually know any lower working class people personally. 

I would say that the difference is - a redneck is a rural, who may even be fairly well off - for example a substantial farmer, or the operator of some rural business.  He is definitely the social superior of the urbanized working-class white, who is quite simply a poor.  Some rednecks are quite poor, but their poverty is often in the context of such low-cost areas that it is not as contrasting with their neighbors.

To quote Wikipedia - "the folks on King of the Hill are definitely rednecks, but not white trash". 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2006, 12:59:27 AM »

Opebo, do you have any idea of the demographics of the city I live in, or the school I go to?  You wouldn't accuse me of not knowing poor people if you did.

No, I do not know in which city you live, Alcon.  Is it in Washington?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2006, 02:23:29 AM »

It is an interesting fact that most upper middle to upper class people do not actually know any lower working class people personally. 

I would say that the difference is - a redneck is a rural, who may even be fairly well off - for example a substantial farmer, or the operator of some rural business.  He is definitely the social superior of the urbanized working-class white, who is quite simply a poor.  Some rednecks are quite poor, but their poverty is often in the context of such low-cost areas that it is not as contrasting with their neighbors.

To quote Wikipedia - "the folks on King of the Hill are definitely rednecks, but not white trash". 

I wonder what Opebo classifies me as. Cheesy
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2006, 10:30:22 AM »

Opebo counts everyone who lvies sout of the mason dixon as white trash
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 08:55:53 PM »

Yes - Tacoma.  The Wikipedia article covers it pretty well.

Oh yes, a poor place.  I would assume that most working-class whites there would be 'white trash', Alcon, would they not?

Redneck.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 09:03:36 PM »

Yes - Tacoma.  The Wikipedia article covers it pretty well.

Oh yes, a poor place.  I would assume that most working-class whites there would be 'white trash', Alcon, would they not?

Not poor.  Blue collar, sure, but not poor.  I'm not really accustomed to calling people white trash just because they live in smaller houses and have lower-paying jobs.  Maybe you are, but that seems a little classist to me.

You're right Alcon.  People should not be classified as 'trash' based on their economic status.  Only undesirable behavior should result in people being classified as 'trash,' and that has nothing to do with economic status, though 'trashy' behavior over a period of time tends to lead to a degredation of economic status.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies