Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:27:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Strategic Vision: NJ Sen. Kean (R) 32%, Menendez (D) 30%  (Read 7420 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 04:20:17 AM »

That's quite an accomplishment, given that one definately won't be in the Senate and the other is unlikely to retain his position. 

Helps keep the Republicans in the majority, obviously.

Lol, but the whole point of the discussion was on how particular senators behaved, regardless of partisanship. Obviously.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »

Kean and DeWine are unique in today's Republican party though.  Anyway, whenever Democrats come close in Red States Republican constantly crow that if people vote for them they'll be putting Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton in charge of the Senate.  If New Jerseyians do elect Tom Kean, they will be advancing the agenda of President Bush.  In the end, I believe this message repeated over and again will defeat Kean.

Doesn't seem to work for Collins and Snowe in Maine, or Smith in Oregon, or Specter in Pennsylvania.

Thats a fair enough point.  I suppose there are exceptions.  However, I think that given the fact that New Jersey is a solidly Democratic state in a year which is looking up for the party, it will influence how they vote in an election.  I expect Snowe to be re-elected impressively, but perhaps less than 69%-31%. 
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies