Petition to the Vice President for action against the PPT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:36:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition to the Vice President for action against the PPT
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Petition to the Vice President for action against the PPT  (Read 1926 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2006, 11:00:39 PM »
« edited: March 25, 2006, 11:32:19 PM by TexasGurl »

I hereby call on my fellow Senators to join with me in this petition to have the President of the Senate conduct a vote of no-confidence in President pro tem Master Jedi.

It is my belief that the PPT of the senate has grossly violated Article2 Section 1 Paragraph 3 of the senates Rules and regulations with his Spiteful personal attack on me simply because i voted against one of his pet bills and told one of his cronies to stop flaming debate threads.
This is my official request to the President of the senate to take action under Article 3 Paragraph 1c.

I do not care if anyone agrees with my politics but in any of my terms in this body i have never seen such blatant disrespect for a senator.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 11:38:39 PM »

The Senate will be able to consider this matter if this petition receives the signatures of one-third of sitting Senators.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:05:04 AM »

X TexasGurl
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 06:00:02 AM »

I don't know if I'll vote in the affirmative, but having looked at the clause specified, I think it deserves to be considered.  For anyone who needs to look it up (as I did), the clause states the following:

"It is also the PPT’s responsibility to present himself/herself to the rest of the Senate as an exemplary member and to make sure that the Senate’s debate remains civil and orderly at all times."

The reason that I think it deseves to be considered is that adding to the flame by employing eye-for-an-eye tactics is not exactly "mak[ing] sure that the Senate's debate remains civil and orderly".

Therefore,

X Gabu
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »

The relevant posts
This amendment has enough votes to fail, Senators now have 24 hours to change their votes.

And I love the hypocrisy from Texasgurl. -_-
And i love a PPT who can not show any respect.

I will not show respect to someone who is hypocritical, attacks others who come into the Senate who disagree with them and shows no respect for others.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 11:10:05 AM »

Here are the reasons I said what I did. Here's Texasgurl doing what she said I did against her but worse. There's a big doube standard here, she can attack all she wants but if it comes back at her she doesn't like it.

So basically i'm the only one in the senate with the balls to do what is necessary to get rid of the deficit MasdterJedi and his buddies created in past senates.
there is no where else left to make the needed cuts, and unless you people are willing to raise taxes we will be left with the same old mess.
buncha pansies.

So basically i'm the only one in the senate with the balls to do what is necessary to get rid of the deficit MasdterJedi and his buddies created in past senates.
there is no where else left to make the needed cuts, and unless you people are willing to raise taxes we will be left with the same old mess.
buncha pansies.
I ask my Senators to oppose the efforts of this clear anti-progressive.

In specific regards to the Comprehensive Energy Reform Act, that bill is a duely needed piece of legislative that will advance the great cause of energy independence and improve the state of this country greatly in the long term.

My suggestions on what to do with the budget: Repeal the prescription drug benefit, for one.  That program is being slowly revealed as a clear failure.  To offset potential problems with that, introduce some kind of tax credit on drug costs of course; but that bill should be repealed.  I also recomend reinstating the estate tax and repealing the past tax cuts on investment taxes.
Are you in the senate?
If not this is not the place for you to be attacking me asshole

We have a thread for that, you are nothing special that allows you to disrupt senate bussiness.

If the Defense budget must be cut, the Missile Defense Initiative Act should go before the other two acts that were suggested. The Appropriations acts are more important to the war we are in at this moment and figure to be for the forseable future.

I do not support an immediate 10% cut in the defense budget, but am certainly open to some sort of cut.
No cut will happen because the wingnuts will not allow it.
No tax hikes will happen either.
When you have a senate run by 7 wingnuts and 3 normal people we will continue to be in bizzaro world.

And the special interests win again.

O.k. first he votes to abolish most social programs and now he wants to pass a "public interest" amendment.
Classic.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 01:00:47 PM »

I am not the PPT whether you like it or not you are held to a higher standard.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 06:44:29 PM »

This movement is utterly frivolous.  It is the Senator from District 1 who deserves to be censured, not the PPT.

Any Senator that votes for this measure of no-confidence or even suggests the need for a vote by signing this petition loses a great deal of my respect.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 06:48:41 PM »

This movement is utterly frivolous.  It is the Senator from District 1 who deserves to be censured, not the PPT.

Any Senator that votes for this measure of no-confidence or even suggests the need for a vote by signing this petition loses a great deal of my respect.
Like anyone cares what you think.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »

Like anyone cares what you think.
Masterjedi, I suggest you add this to your list of dishonorable quotes by "Senator" Texasgurl.

Texasgurl, you wouldn't be fit to serve on a high school student council much less serve on this distinguished body.  You contribute nothing in the form of substance.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 06:57:53 PM »

Read the relevant Article, he blatantly disregarded it, whatever i did to make him decide to attack me is  irrelevant.
I am NOT the PPT he is he broke the rule what do you not understand about that?

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 06:59:19 PM »

And you two are just making yourselves look idiotic which of course isn't hard for Kramer but for some reason i expected more from my Governor.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2006, 07:01:44 PM »

And you two are just making yourselves look idiotic which of course isn't hard for Kramer but for some reason i expected more from my Governor.

I have done a lot more as Governor than you have as Senator.

Tell me, what have you accomplished as Senator, Texasgurl?  I see no great achievements, other than the capacity to produce a constant stream of bitching, much to the annoyance of Atlasia.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 07:06:47 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2006, 07:10:02 PM by TexasGurl »

You guys came into a senate thread and attacked me not the other way around.
And i do not see why it is o.k. for the PPT to violate the rules just because you like him and not me.
I did not break any rules, being a bitch is not against any part of the operating procedures.
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 07:08:49 PM »

May we have some order, please.

Decorum has been badly broken here.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »

Now, I agree that as PPT MasterJedi shouldn't have said what he did, but I'm gonna need a bigger reason than that to bring this to an impeachment vote.  I definitely understand TexasGurl's reasoning, but after all, MasterJedi is only human, and I can understand if he loses his temper from time to time.  Now, if it was repeated violations within a relatively short time span, I'd sign this, but not if it just happened once or twice.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 07:20:37 PM »

Then you obviously did not read the right rules.
And as far as getting bills passed, that is impossible now anyway since the PPT has shown a willingness to manipulate the introduction of bills to his own advantage for which a former senator tried the same thing as me.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »

Rules are Rules and after clearly violating Section 1, Article 3, I will have to sign.

X Brian from Family Guy
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2006, 08:28:14 PM »

Then you obviously did not read the right rules.
And as far as getting bills passed, that is impossible now anyway since the PPT has shown a willingness to manipulate the introduction of bills to his own advantage for which a former senator tried the same thing as me.

Q and I bumped the Puerto Rican bill because it's an issue going on now and other people, Senators and citizens had asked for it otherwise I would have been fine to let it sit and wait. And how pray tell have I prevented anything from getting passed? I'm doing my job and everything is coming along as it should with no delays.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2006, 02:06:36 PM »

I withdraw this Petition.
Pages: [1]