Democrats for Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Democrats for Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats for Bush  (Read 11309 times)
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« on: January 14, 2004, 08:01:32 PM »

Hm...it seems party switches comes naturally to Georgians! (GWBFan, anyone?) Smiley

Sorry GWBFan, the tempation on this one was simply too much!:) Smiley Grin Wink
Now  Be Nice.

Don't worry, it's a joke between me and GWBFan, I checked it with him before, and I don't think he minds. It was just a little too obvious to resist... Smiley

lol  Quite alright.

But.

Zell hasn't switched parties.  He's still a Democrat, just planning on voting Republican in at least one office this election year - which doesn't at all qualify as a party switch.  Just to clarify.  lol
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 10:45:26 AM »

Call me a cynic, but I think Zell Miller simply wants to avoid Max Cleland's fate by sweet-talking Republicans in GA (careerism, in other words).

Not the case.  Zell Miller is the single most popular Georgia politician.  Georgians, Republican and Democrat alike, love the guy and always have.  He could have come out totally against Bush and Georgians, for the most part, would still love him (I even would, just for the good he's done for this state).  With Cleland, he was only loved and respected by half of the state - the half that is Democratic.  Miller is loved by everyone.

The fact that Miller, a Democrat, is endorsing Bush, a Republican, is HUGE in Georgia - maybe even huge in the entire South.  It will influence those old southern Democrats who think the Democrats of today - Clinton's day - are still the Democrats of FDR's day - which they clearly are not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies