Adolf Hitler v. Joseph Stalin, 1952
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:26:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Adolf Hitler v. Joseph Stalin, 1952
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
Hitler

Stalin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 39

Author Topic: Adolf Hitler v. Joseph Stalin, 1952  (Read 4921 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »

Suppose Hitler conquers the free world in WWII, but the Soviet Union remains intact.

Rather than fight a war or draw lots, the two men agree for a free election to be held to determine who gets to be world leader for life.

Who would you vote for?

EDIT: No idea why I chose 1952.
M

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 04:01:39 PM »

I end up dead either way.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 04:05:22 PM »

Stalin wasn't as methodical in his killing.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »

Yet he still managed to kill a lot of people who spoke out against him.

Me, I'd be voting with a sniper rifle from the rooftops.

Now, provided I had to choose and I'd be able to keep my mouth shut long enough to survive, Hitler - at least facists can create working economies and I'd have food in my belly. Both would kill a lot of people anyways, be they Jews, capitalists, political dissidents, ect they'd be equally dead for bad reasons, so I might as well just admit I should look after my own interests at that point.
DanielX
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 07:24:11 PM »

While my Jewishn descent would force me to very nominally un-support Stalin less, my extreme distaste for both would force me to vote to machine-gun both.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:36:52 PM »

Who is Stalin's running mate? Khrushchev? I would vote Stalin then, because he would be dead in a few months anyway. Wink
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 06:11:02 PM »

I might actually just get it over with and run in front of a train.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 07:18:25 PM »

I vote for "Pack your bags, kids, we're going to Canada, assuming we dont get shot on the way there!"
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:27 PM »

2 months before the election, Mao announces his candidacy! Smiley
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 08:24:08 AM »

Hmmm, pretty much backs up my opinion that  their is a communist conspiracy when foolish quotables like this are generated. Stalin killed milions more than Hitler.

He's talking about efficiency, not raw numbers. Stalin ruled for a longer period of time than Hitler, so he had more time for his killing. I'm at work so I don't have time to look up the rates, but IIRC Hitler killed off people faster than Stalin did, though Stalid did have the disadvantage of his targets only being political dissidents who didn't capitulate rather than certain ethnic groups, so finding those he wanted killed would likely take longer. Given equally findable groups they might have had near equal efficiency.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 09:27:34 AM »

Hmmm, pretty much backs up my opinion that  their is a communist conspiracy when foolish quotables like this are generated. Stalin killed milions more than Hitler.

He's talking about efficiency, not raw numbers. Stalin ruled for a longer period of time than Hitler, so he had more time for his killing. I'm at work so I don't have time to look up the rates, but IIRC Hitler killed off people faster than Stalin did, though Stalid did have the disadvantage of his targets only being political dissidents who didn't capitulate rather than certain ethnic groups, so finding those he wanted killed would likely take longer. Given equally findable groups they might have had near equal efficiency.

Not true. Stalin didn't just target political dissidents, Stalin killed everybody. For each region of the Soviet Union, Stalin gave the KGB a quota of 'dissidents' to find and either ship to Siberia or kill. If the regional KGB groups didn't find enough people speaking out against the regime, then they just had to fabricate it. And if Stalin was in an especially grumpy mood, he would write a note to one of the regional KGB heads instructing them to find dissidents above and beyond the quotas. For example, he would write "find 10k extra class I dissidents in Ukraine". Class I were those who were executed.
kashifsakhan
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2006, 06:01:36 AM »

Not true. Stalin didn't just target political dissidents, Stalin killed everybody. For each region of the Soviet Union, Stalin gave the KGB a quota of 'dissidents' to find and either ship to Siberia or kill. If the regional KGB groups didn't find enough people speaking out against the regime, then they just had to fabricate it. And if Stalin was in an especially grumpy mood, he would write a note to one of the regional KGB heads instructing them to find dissidents above and beyond the quotas. For example, he would write "find 10k extra class I dissidents in Ukraine". Class I were those who were executed.

that seems a bit "iffy" to me, do u have anything to back that claim up with?
WiseGuy

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 07:01:18 PM »

Start a resistance.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 02:36:40 PM »

I vote for "Pack your bags, kids, we're going to Canada, assuming we dont get shot on the way there!"

In this what-if this is a world wide election and Canada belongs to Hitler. So good luck with that.
It doesnt matter, cause its still Canada! Canada just plain rules, even under Hitler (although less so than usual. Smiley)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies