Most inspirational Presidential Quotes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:48:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Most inspirational Presidential Quotes
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most inspirational Presidential Quotes  (Read 22073 times)
qwerty
Dick Nixon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2004, 07:02:51 PM »

"There is nothing wrong with America that can not be fixed with what is right with America." -- Bill Clinton

"I can hear you, the rest of the world hears you, and the people who knocked these buildings down will hear all of us soon." -- G.W. Bush at the WTC site.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 07:04:01 PM »

"America is too great for small dreams."
-Ronald Reagan

"Whoever says Americas best days are behind it are looking the wrong direction."
-George H.W. Bush

lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 07:13:38 PM »

"We have learned that we can not live alone, at peace; that our own well-being is dependent on the well-being of other nations, far away.  We have learned that we must live as men, and not as ostriches, nor as dogs in the manger.  We have learned to be citizens of the world, members of the human community." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 07:29:19 PM »

"The Constitution is America's glue, Democracy is the Constitution's glue."
-Herbert Hoover
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 07:48:53 PM »

I don't know if these are really insperational... just ones I like personaly.

"There is nothing wrong with America that the faith, love of freedom, intelligence and energy of her citizens cannot cure."
-Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. "
--Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Let us go forth to lead the land we love, asking His blessing and His help, but knowing that here on earth God's work must truly be our own."
--John Fitzgerald Kennedy

"Always remember others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself."
-Richard M. Nixon

“Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.”
-George Washington

“With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.”
-Abraham Lincoln

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive. And don't ever apologize for anything."
-Harry S Truman

"We are of course a nation of differences.Those differences don’t make us weak.They’re the source of our strength."
-Jimmy Carter

"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology."
-Ronald Reagan
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 08:02:04 PM »

"Only when you have been in the lowest valley do you know how great and glorious it is to be on the highest mountain."
-Richard Nixon

One of my favorites...

"Farming looks pretty easy when your plow is a pencil and you feild is a mud puddle."
-Dwight Eisenhower
cole
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 08:27:36 PM »

I've always liked this one...

"So, let us not be blind to our differences--but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to the means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal."

-John F. Kennedy
lidaker
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: 0.88, S: -4.67

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 08:52:41 PM »

I've always liked this one...

"So, let us not be blind to our differences--but let us also direct attention to our common interests and to the means by which those differences can be resolved. And if we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal."

-John F. Kennedy

Yes, that's a good one.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 06:10:34 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2004, 06:36:13 PM by angus »

"See that guy over there?  He's a reporter from the New York Times, name's Adam Clymer.  He's a major league asshole."
  --Gov. George Bush

"Yeah, big time."
  --Richard B. Cheney

Best ever.  It was one of those moments of clarity when you knew all the Bushbashers were just blowing smoke.  You really knew all this stuff about GWB being empty-headed pretty face for the plutocrats was all garbage.  There's no way that was scripted.  It said to me:  This guy has his own personality, and knows his own mind -- I like it!
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 10:26:41 PM »

"See that guy over there?  He's a reporter from the New York Times, name's Adam Clymer.  He's a major league asshole."
  --Gov. George Bush

"Yeah, big time."
  --Richard B. Cheney

Best ever.  It was one of those moments of clarity when you knew all the Bushbashers were just blowing smoke.  You really knew all this stuff about GWB being empty-headed pretty face for the plutocrats was all garbage.  There's no way that was scripted.  It said to me:  This guy has his own personality, and knows his own mind -- I like it!

That was endearing, I agree.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

"Tell him to go to hell."  (1847)  [Reply to Santa Anna's demand for surrender.]
-- Zachary Taylor

"A man is known by the company he keeps, and also by the company from which he is kept out."
-- Grover Cleveland

"Keep the church and State forever separate."
-- US Grant

"We need not fear the expression of ideas -- we do need to fear their suppression."
-- Harry Truman

"This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience.  . . . In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.  The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."
-- Dwight Eisenhower
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 03:16:02 AM »

Since all my favorite quotes have been posted, I'll just fill the time twidling my thumbs.

"Dooo Dee Doo"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies