xxx
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:41:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  xxx
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: xxx  (Read 1583 times)
Hawkeye
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2006, 02:17:11 PM by Hawkeye »

xxx
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:31:50 PM »

ever wonder why the republicans are losing the suburbs?

it's because some, if not most, republicans are nutters (like the above poster)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:34:37 PM »

I sometimes awake from my slumber at night grasping at shadow ghosts of what used to be the Republican party. In my dream trance I remember a near mythical tme when the Republican party hated Government, was led by conservative deity known only by their first names (Rush, Newt), and was known by the media as "The Fringe". All rural towns had annual "Hate The Gov. Bear your Arms" Rallies.

We have lost our way. The only difference between a Republican and a Democrat nowadays is the color of their tooth brushes.

When will we stop pandering to the imaginary "centrist" voter and get back to our anti big government roots as "the fringe"?

So in other words, you want to stop winning elections and go back to when we had a Democrap House, Senate, and Presidency?

That's a journey I'd rather not take.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:13:26 PM »

hey don, do you remember former nh senator bob smith?  the wacko that left the republican party because it wasnt conservative enough, but came back when chafee died so he could become chairman of some committee? 

i hear he is a leftist now and endorsed john kerry in 04.  strange.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 12:10:19 AM »

We have lost our way. The only difference between a Republican and a Democrat nowadays is the color of their tooth brushes.

I have a white and green toothbrush, myself.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 04:49:54 PM »

I have a white and green toothbrush, myself.

DINO
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 06:20:57 PM »

All rural towns had annual "Hate The Gov. Bear your Arms" Rallies.

Yes, those were the days.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 02:27:01 PM »

More proof that we need to use rural whites as unfree labor.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 02:47:49 PM »

I sometimes awake from my slumber at night grasping at shadow ghosts of what used to be the Republican party. In my dream trance I remember a near mythical tme when the Republican party hated Government, was led by conservative deity known only by their first names (Rush, Newt), and was known by the media as "The Fringe". All rural towns had annual "Hate The Gov. Bear your Arms" Rallies.

When will we stop pandering to the imaginary "centrist" voter and get back to our anti big government roots as "the fringe"?

So in other words, you want to stop winning elections and go back to when we had a Democrap House, Senate, and Presidency?

That's a journey I'd rather not take.

It was appealing to the anti-goverment feelings that won a republican house for the first time in how many years?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2006, 01:00:07 AM »

Yup, thats what turned Long Island as well as a good portion of the NUC suburbs Dem, changing NY from lean Dem to strong Dem.  Its what has turned the Philly burbs Dem.  It has drastically changed the Denver subrubs which will turn CO Dem (more tha n likely by 08) and has rsulted in  the NOVA D.C suburbs trending HARD to the Dems (very Dem in some cases) and which in the not to distant future could turn VA Dem.  So thanks hawkeye, I hope the extreme fringe continues to grow in power in the GOP because it will turn this country into staunchly Democratic, as the last few years of wingnut social conservatism have resulted in the GOP really being hurt in many suburbs.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 04:09:18 AM »

Republicans hated the government in 1993 because it was run by Democrats! Of course, Republicans don't hate it now because they run the show.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 07:04:34 AM »

Yup, thats what turned Long Island as well as a good portion of the NUC suburbs Dem, changing NY from lean Dem to strong Dem.  Its what has turned the Philly burbs Dem.  It has drastically changed the Denver subrubs which will turn CO Dem (more tha n likely by 08) and has rsulted in  the NOVA D.C suburbs trending HARD to the Dems (very Dem in some cases) and which in the not to distant future could turn VA Dem.  So thanks hawkeye, I hope the extreme fringe continues to grow in power in the GOP because it will turn this country into staunchly Democratic, as the last few years of wingnut social conservatism have resulted in the GOP really being hurt in many suburbs.

Well it's also what suburbs you're talking about. Southern and Western suburbs for Milwaukee (not sure about the northern ones) are pretty damn Republican. That includes the inner suburbs (those still in Milwaukee County) and the outer ones (Eastern Waukesha).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies