UKIP demands apology from Cameron
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:31:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UKIP demands apology from Cameron
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UKIP demands apology from Cameron  (Read 1657 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 04, 2006, 10:43:19 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4875026.stm
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 11:06:48 AM »

Undoubtedly there are racist members in UKIP, just as there are in the Conservatives, Labour and just about any party in the land. I don't personally view the party as collectively racist, though they are xenophobic IMO, and Cameron's assertion that UKIP is a "'stop the world I want to get off' party" isn't too far from my view.

Regardless, the personal attack on UKIP is frankly unwarranted and unnecessary. Accuse them of being mischievous (as he did) in their attempt to get the Tory lenders names under Freedom of Disinformation, but  there's no need to make it personal.

This seems to be a continuing theme in some of Cameron's recent events - the tirading screed that was the Budget Response was painful to watch. Whilst I don't necessarily agree with some of Gordon's policies, I do feel he is a good man and he has my respect for his solid economic record, and thus attempts to vilify him really just turn me off.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »
« Edited: April 04, 2006, 11:17:40 AM by Governor Afleitch »

The UKIP have a lot of apolgising to do of their own before they can demand the same of Cameron. Qute frankly they should apologise for existing Smiley

Meanwhile the Lib Dems have been accused of enticing children with sweets...seriously!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4875698.stm
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:40 PM »

Good job Tony Jr.
He must want to fare even worse on European Parliament elections.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 08:26:21 AM »

Cameron's assertion that UKIP is a "'stop the world I want to get off' party" isn't too far from my view.

I was rather amused when he said that.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »

In all honesty the sooner the UKIP dies the better. I have no time for such anti-European, borderline racist and homophobic Little England mentality.
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 02:57:09 PM »

As Afleitch said, UKIP should apologise for their very existence. It's as if someone took the worst possible aspects of our society and turned them into a political party.

Though I'm not sure what's worse, UKIP, or the fact that a few million muppets were daft enough to vote for them at the last European elections. Just a good thing Kilroy (the British Joerg Haider TM) has disappeared into the political wilderness, where he belongs.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 02:59:51 PM »

As Afleitch said, UKIP should apologise for their very existence.

True, but Cameron's outburst is probably the best bit of news they've had for a few years.
They are very likely to sue...

You got some good lines here Grin ...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:01:58 PM »

As Afleitch said, UKIP should apologise for their very existence.

True, but Cameron's outburst is probably the best bit of news they've had for a few years.
They are very likely to sue...

I wouldn't expect anything else from them - they're self-righteous to the core. Speaking of which, did you hear this story about the UKIP fella (or far right Tory, I can't quite remember) who sued a woman for calling him a Nazi on-line? He won, as a matter of fact. Sad

[/quote]

LOL. You know me, once I get going...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 03:12:22 PM »

I don't consider the UKIP all that bad. I always get them high on the British political tests too... Tongue
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 04:11:17 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/europarl/Story/0,2763,443000,00.html

From a Guardian report about UKIP:

'The party's Scottish organiser has just been kicked off the executive for a year after questioning, in letters to newspapers, the extent of the Holocaust.'

From 2004

http://www.johannhari.com/archive/article.php?id=396

'At the last general election, UKIP's list of candidates included - in the words of Searchlight, the magazine which monitors and exposes the far right - "former racists, anti-Semites and Holocaust deniers". The magazine claimed that UKIP's parliamentary candidate for Dunfermline West just three years ago, Alastair Harper, had been a leading figure in the neo-fascist Northern League founded by eugenicist Roger Pearson. It also said that the party's candidate in Beaconsfield, Andrew Moffat, was championed by the Holocaust denier David Irving after he was discharged from the Coldstream Guards without explanation.'

'Other forms of bigotry are equally welcomed: boxing promoter Frank Maloney, their candidate for London mayor, has said he will not be campaigning in Camden because there are "too many gays" there.'

Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 05:07:12 PM »

I've no time for UKIP

Dave
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »

In all honesty the sooner the UKIP dies the better. I have no time for such anti-European, borderline racist and homophobic Little England mentality.

They are the only conservative party in the UK.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 05:16:07 PM »

Conservative by wing-nut American standards perhaps. But British or European standards certainly not.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2006, 05:25:58 PM »

Conservative by wing-nut American standards perhaps. But British or European standards certainly not.

So all American conservatives are "nuts", eh?
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2006, 05:32:06 PM »

Certainly not. I've championed many American conservatives on this forum, including Barry Goldwater. I've had him in my signature many times along with Richard Nixon.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2006, 05:35:32 PM »

Certainly not. I've championed many American conservatives on this forum, including Barry Goldwater. I've had him in my signature many times along with Richard Nixon.

So then you'd agree with Goldwaters and Nixons stances on Vietnam. Excellent, we are not that far apart then.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »

So then you'd agree with Goldwaters and Nixons stances on Vietnam. Excellent, we are not that far apart then.

Actually I would. Vietnam was a very real threat at the time; there were valid worries over the possibility of India going 'red' and then spilling over into the Middle East. While we all know that didn't happen, back then they ddin't have the benefit of heinsight. I would disagree with some of the tactics used during the war, but I think Nixon's foreign policy was one of the strongest in generations.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2006, 05:41:34 PM »

Actually I would. Vietnam was a very real threat at the time; there were valid worries over the possibility of India going 'red' and then spilling over into the Middle East. While we all know that didn't happen, back then they ddin't have the benefit of heinsight. I would disagree with some of the tactics used during the war, but I think Nixon's foreign policy was one of the strongest in generations.

Now we just need to work on your economics a bit and you'd be A'ok in my book. You're already pretty friendly. Smiley
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2006, 05:48:30 PM »

Now we just need to work on your economics a bit and you'd be A'ok in my book. You're already pretty friendly. Smiley

Well I'm a supporter of a flat tax on income, an almost negligable business tax turning Scotland into a low tax economy and business haven and encouraging schools to move into the private sector (but still free at the point of use) So I'm almost there Smiley
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies