Bill Cosby at it again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:26:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bill Cosby at it again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bill Cosby at it again  (Read 3015 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2006, 07:03:39 PM »

Cosby expresses openly what the "Black Community" says in private.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree.  I've said this a million times before.  If it weren't for economic issues, there would be many more black Republicans.  I find on social issues they are sometimes more Republican than whites on issues such as church and state, gay marriage, etc.  I rarely see white Bible thumpers where I live but plenty of blacks who are.
For one thing, it's hard to understand how a demographic group that is said to be highly conservative socially has the vast majority of its children born out of wedlock.

That isn't some earth-shattering ocurrence.

Socially liberal Connecticut has a lower ocurrence of adultery than Socially conservative Alabama.

Socially liberal Massachusettes has a lower rate of divorce than Socially conservative Oklahoma.

There are, however, other sociological considerations to be made here.  Most affluent state Connecticut would understandaly have a lower ocurrence of adultery than poorer Alabama (besides, how did they manage to get that statistic?).  Massachusetts, which is a mix of middle-class people and working-class (not necessarily socially liberal) Catholics would also logically have a lower rate of divorce than poor, evangelical Oklahoma.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2006, 07:27:01 PM »

Good for Cosby. He's a real stand up guy - the black community needs more like him, not more of the ones who cry victim whenever something bad happens to blacks. I know blacks who've worked hard, lived in ways that aren't self-destructive, and thusly met their potential and it is definitely a good thing when it happens.

Cracker, they ARE victims of the owning class. I support nothing less then full reparations for the black man. I never knew you hated a black, dibble.

You forgot the [opebo] [/opebo] tags States. However, spot on impression. Grin

Very funny, workers! 

Now, to the issue at hand - these self-blaming blacks such as Cosby are simply internalizing the propaganda of their oppressors, not unlike you white workers.  I'm sure it does amuse the owner when his servants chain themselves!
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2006, 08:36:27 PM »

Good for Cosby. He's a real stand up guy - the black community needs more like him, not more of the ones who cry victim whenever something bad happens to blacks. I know blacks who've worked hard, lived in ways that aren't self-destructive, and thusly met their potential and it is definitely a good thing when it happens.

Cracker, they ARE victims of the owning class. I support nothing less then full reparations for the black man. I never knew you hated a black, dibble.

Very funny, workers! 

Now, to the issue at hand - these self-blaming blacks such as Cosby are simply internalizing the propaganda of their oppressors, not unlike you white workers.  I'm sure it does amuse the owner when his servants chain themselves!

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2006, 08:53:08 PM »

Very funny, workers! 

Yes, they should continue their self-destructive habits, reject education, and continue to live in poverty while depending on handouts from the government controlled by the white man who supposedly hates them instead of lifting themselves up and not having to depend on the supposedly racist white man's charity. Great plan. Really great ing plan. Roll Eyes
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 03:41:51 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2006, 04:09:55 AM by memphis »

Very funny, workers! 

Yes, they should continue their self-destructive habits, reject education, and continue to live in poverty while depending on handouts from the government controlled by the white man who supposedly hates them instead of lifting themselves up and not having to depend on the supposedly racist white man's charity. Great plan. Really great ing plan. Roll Eyes
You're certainly painting black people with a broad brush! There is a vocal element that does fit your description and I applaud Cosby for denouncing them, but they a far from a majority. Most black people go to work everyday because, just like everybody else they have to do so to live. Check the numbers, and I think that you'll find that only a small minority of black people are on welfare or live below the poverty line.  Many successful black people have moved to suburbs like Prince George's County, Maryland or Clayton County, Georgia to raise their families in a more comfortable environment. This is not to say that there are not problems in black communites, but rather to point out that it is unfair to describe them as ubiquitous.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 09:13:45 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2006, 09:20:23 PM by SE Magistrate John Dibble »

Very funny, workers! 

You're certainly painting black people with a broad brush!

No, I'm calling opebo's view of the world stupid - that should be clear. In his view of the world, all black people are oppressed by whites, laziness causes wealth and a good work ethic causes poverty, and that the only cure for poverty is a vast welfare state. Go back and read my previous posts and you'll realize I'm not talking about all black people, only those that Cosby is referring to. Those people aren't in poverty because they're oppressed, they're continuing their own poverty because of thier own habits.

P.S. - even the more affluent suburban blacks are suffering from some of the things that Cosby is talking about. Not the adults - they're fine for the most part. The problem is they are allowing their kids to fall back into the bad habits. My area has become increasingly black over the years, and now is majority black, so I see it all the time.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies