Opinion of the Maverick Underground writers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:42:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the Maverick Underground writers
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the Maverick Underground writers
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 4

Author Topic: Opinion of the Maverick Underground writers  (Read 2422 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:00:32 PM »

http://maverickunderground.com/

I found this trash being distributed at my school today. Reading this disgusting load of sh!t made me ashamed these morons actually go to my school.

The idiots who write this crap better get used to lots of hate mail and harassment. MSU is not friendly to conservatives one bit.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 01:26:31 PM »

Article by article, at a glance, of their first issue:

Diversity Spurs Spending - talks about how much money the 'diversity' programs are taking up while also pointing out the rising costs of tuition. Seems common sense to me that wasteful and unnecessary programs should be pointed out in times like this.

The smoking article - See signature.

"What the Hell is This?" - Good thing. Students should be exposed to many different trains of thought. BRTD, you're showing how intolerant you really are in this thread, and if your fellow liberal students are like you you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

"Send your best drinking picture!" - sounds right up your ally, BRTD.

An article about another university's administration being hostile to a conservative paper. Seems reasonable, given the First Amendment.

An article about a student in your school running for mayor. Seems newsworthy. And he supports smoking bans - seems this paper isn't averse to having many views expressed in it.

The next one is about how some are requesting funding for a full time Sexual Assault coordinator, while others show that the part time one is adequately meeting the needs of the students.

Seems to me that they are standing up for their right to express their opionion - how dare they, right BRTD? How dare they express their beliefs when they aren't yours, those jerks. I hate the FF/HP polls with a passion, but I'll actually vote in this one because these people are legitimately standing up for themselves in an obviously hateful, hostile environment(shame on you, BRTD).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »

You didn't see the partisan garbage in the latest issue, the one I found.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:43:42 PM »

Which volume? There's two official volumes and a Valentine's day special on their site.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 01:46:01 PM »

the second one then.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 01:50:42 PM »

I glanced over it. Seemed pretty much standard conservative fare - not as good as the first issue, but alright. Not all that much different from the standard liberal fare, all things considered.

You seem rather intolerant, BRTD - do you have a problem with them expressing their views? BTW, I'm hoping you won't be sending them any hate mail, being a Christian and all. Jesus did tell you to love your enemies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 02:00:41 PM »

No, but if I ever get handed it again I'll probably react like I did to the College Republicans handing me bullsh!t propaganda flyers after the campus showing of Fahrenheit 9/11, tear it up and throw it back at them. I wasn't the only one who did that either from my observations.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 02:04:07 PM »

I agree with John.  This is not terrible for a college newspaper, although the writing is somewhat dry and there are quite a few obvious typos.  However, the paper seems rather mature.  It may have lots of quite conservative rhetoric, but this is a school paper and it's certainly a lot less venomous than most liberal school newspapers.  I don't see anyone declaring Kerry is a terrorist, for instance.

I don't know how having non-moderate conservatives offends you so much.  I agree with Dibble; it seems rather intolerant.

By the way, who cares how many people did it?  That's arguing popularity to justify something's correctness.  I do not see how Fahrenheit 9/11 is any less acidic than this newspaper, and you seem to be reacting in the same way I'd expect conservatives to to a showing of a Moore movie.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 02:09:02 PM »

No, but if I ever get handed it again I'll probably react like I did to the College Republicans handing me bullsh!t propaganda flyers after the campus showing of Fahrenheit 9/11, tear it up and throw it back at them. I wasn't the only one who did that either from my observations.

Instead of being a rude, obnoxious ASS, why didn't you just throw it away in the next garbage can you came to? Geeze you're intolerant. Jerks like you are bad for the Democratic party and actually tolerant liberals everywhere.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:12:42 PM »

Instead of being a rude, obnoxious ASS, why didn't you just throw it away in the next garbage can you came to? Geeze you're intolerant. Jerks like you are bad for the Democratic party and actually tolerant liberals everywhere.

If you think that's bad you should see the stunts the College Republicans pull. Such as trying to grab all the communist published "voter guides" the school was distributing and throw them away before any other students could pick them up and harassing school paper writers.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

If you think that's bad you should see the stunts the College Republicans pull. Such as trying to grab all the communist published "voter guides" the school was distributing and throw them away before any other students could pick them up and harassing school paper writers.

And them being jerks justifies you being a jerk? Last time I checked two wrongs don't make a right. Stop making excuses.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:18:13 PM »

I don't agree with the former, but the latter is unclear.  How were they harassing people?

You have no objection to drunkards roaming the streets in the early hours of the day, because it's all in good fun, but trashing communist "voter guides" gets you worked up?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 10:25:17 PM »

I don't agree with the former, but the latter is unclear.  How were they harassing people?

They didn't like how the school paper was portraying them as the stupid dumbasses that they are, so they mail bombed the editors and held some stupid pseudo-protest outside the office, demanding they give an official answer to their stupid loaded questions.

You have no objection to drunkards roaming the streets in the early hours of the day, because it's all in good fun, but trashing communist "voter guides" gets you worked up?

Gee, that sounds like censorship. I doubt they'd like it if I grabbed all of this garbage in the distribution bins it's laying in around campus and threw it all away? Hypocrites.

BTW, I'm quite glad I did not vote for anyone in the MavStudents party in the school elections today after finding out a few of their candidates were affiliated with these morons.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies