Labour Party ad
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:49:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Labour Party ad
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Labour Party ad  (Read 877 times)
afleitch
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:08:03 PM »
« edited: April 18, 2006, 10:12:31 PM by Governor Afleitch »

http://www.davethechameleon.com/video/web/dave-the-chameleon-l.mov

Bad jokes, snidey voice over, digs at people who ride bicycles, digs at those privately educted (eh, Blair?) negative attack, soundbites, nothing about their own policies.

Yup. It’s another unfunny and innefective ad from the Labour Party.

Is it me or is portraying Cameron as someone who talks about green issues, and social issues but underneath still being a 'true blue' Conservative' actually make the average dissafected Tory want to vote for him?

They also said 'David told everyone to call him Dave' as if it were a bad thing but didn't Anthony Blair tell everyone to call him Tony?...

There's going to be another ad like this next week. While Im sure the other parties will be using their time to put forward their policies for the local government elections, Labour is creating some slick cartoons.

[/End] Partisan rant.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:28:16 AM »

Thanks that was a great ad!

I wish we had political ads like that, it wasn't positive but by American standards it wasn't an attack ad. It was kind of long, was that on TV originally? Americans have such short attention spans that we never have political ads longer than 30 seconds. This one was much more informative.

Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 03:45:31 AM »

I didn't like it, but then again I don't like negative ads at all. I also don't see why the political parties run/are allowed to run adverts for local elections... the quality of local government keeps on declining as national parties and the national media keep sticking their big noses in it. Example of everything that has gone wrong with "local" "government" is towards the end of your wee rant:

"While Im sure the other parties will be using their time to put forward their policies for the local government elections"

They do not have policies for the local elections. The various local parties obviously do, but it's not like any attention will be given to them. Instead we'll see the usual cherry-picking from "successful" party x councils... although I do pity the LibDems as far as that goes, because they've got sod all of those. And the Tories will just focus on Wandsworth, like they always do Wink
One of the best adminstrations in London (Bexley) is going to lose this year anyway.

But as negative ads go, it was extremely tame; nothing on the various negative stuff that all parties ran in 2005 and the years before then (whether the "Michael Howard Eats Dead Babies" (er... almost Grin) TV ads or the various imported-Australian nastyness that Howard himself used... etc...) and certainly nothing on the poison that gets put into leaflets... I would much rather negative leaflets get based around a little cartoon than the near lies and other nastyness that they always are based around...
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:54:25 AM »

http://www.davethechameleon.com/video/web/dave-the-chameleon-l.mov

Bad jokes, snidey voice over, digs at people who ride bicycles, digs at those privately educted (eh, Blair?) negative attack, soundbites, nothing about their own policies.

Yup. It’s another unfunny and innefective ad from the Labour Party.

Is it me or is portraying Cameron as someone who talks about green issues, and social issues but underneath still being a 'true blue' Conservative' actually make the average dissafected Tory want to vote for him?

They also said 'David told everyone to call him Dave' as if it were a bad thing but didn't Anthony Blair tell everyone to call him Tony?...

There's going to be another ad like this next week. While Im sure the other parties will be using their time to put forward their policies for the local government elections, Labour is creating some slick cartoons.

[/End] Partisan rant.
Maybe it's a veiled message to Blair to get his ass out of No 10? Wink
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies