2006 Gubernatorial Polls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:48:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2006 Gubernatorial Polls
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2006 Gubernatorial Polls  (Read 17284 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:25:23 AM »
« edited: April 19, 2006, 08:43:08 AM by Dave Leip »

The corollary to the predictions section of the 2006 Gubernatorial races is now open.  I would like the polling section to become more of the tangible discussion around the polling info (rather than reposting all the polls in this board - you will get post credit for posting comments there).  I also hope to add most recent polls at the top of this message list.  If you would like access to post polls to this section, please send me a pm.  Also feel free to send me tips on new or old existing polls (with url).
Thanks,
Dave
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 02:38:18 PM »

Very cool.  Do you need any help with posting polls?  I'm sure a lot of people here would be willing to help.  Also, how will you be handling races with multiple candidates for each party polled?

Here's one:

State: FL
Date: 04-11 through 04-17
Poll Source: Quinnipiac University
Margins: Davis (D) 39%, Crist (R) 37% (candidates leading their parties' respective primaries)
Undecided: 24%
M.O.E.: +/- 3.2%
Sample: 951
URL: Here
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 07:05:59 PM »

Hey Dave, with the dark grey background behind the links and info about polls, it's hard to read the actual info.  Could you fix this?
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »

For dark background issues, just press reload on the browser - this will reload the style sheet with the correct color.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:56:56 PM »

For dark background issues, just press reload on the browser - this will reload the style sheet with the correct color.

Ah, thanks Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »

I get the feeling that the forum posters are not comfortable with the new format. There are no comments going onto the polss, but instead the usual threads are generated.

I did make a poll comment, and it was not obvoius how to do that from the forum. It wasn't obvoius which of the three links for a poll would take me directly to the comments, and then I didn't find them active. I ended up logging in as a site member and commenting on the poll through that method.

Perhaps there's a way to make a clearer path from the forum board to a specific poll comment.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:11:07 AM »

I belive it to be simpler to stick to the traditional threads, to keep all discussion in the same format, in the same forum. The polling section is good to access and check the polls, but not for discussions, IMHO.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 04:20:19 PM »

Thanks for the feedback - and I understand the shortcomings.  I have dabbled with the thought of trying to merge the polls with actual forum threads (some combination of the templates), but that is a lot of work to get working.

May I suggest that one post specific information related to the poll - such as poll details (demographics, methodology, or other aspects that may affect accuracy) on the poll comments and we can continue standard discussion threads here.  I can perhaps build-in another cell to cross-link discussion threads with the polls.

Thanks,
Dave
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:38 PM »

I've made some additional modifications to the polls based on feedback - The polls entry form has been opened up (there is a link near the top of the forum polls board to enter a new poll - as well as on the bottom of the polls home page).  There are help popups to guide you through filling out the form.  Please take your time if you choose to enter a new poll - be sure that the data is correct (especially the date, state, and that its for the correct office).  Also use the existing polls as guidelines for the articles and title.  Feel free to ask questions, suggest further changes.

Filling out the poll also automatically enters a thread in the forum and the poll and forum thread are cross-linked.
Thanks,
Dave
Governor PiT
Robert Stark
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -0.87

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 06:04:31 PM »

Why isn't Max Linn in the FL Poll?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »