Hu's Visit
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Hu's Visit
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hu's Visit  (Read 2730 times)
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2006, 09:10:43 PM »
« edited: April 21, 2006, 09:14:04 PM by Vice President Q »

Protester who shouted at Hu arrested (in the United States).
See http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/21/hu.heckler/index.html

Perhaps it is not China becoming more like the U.S., but the U.S. becoming more like China.

I was thinking of joining the protests here in New Haven today, as well, but instead I just took a lot of pictures of the thousands of protesters as well as the thousands of Hu supporters brought in from New York by the Chinese government.

Also, the New York Times reported that there were no arrests in New Haven.  I know this to be false; I witnessed one myself, about 15 feet from me as I took pictures.  And if not for the press pass, I probably wouldn't have even been allowed to do that.  It was generally a very repressive atmosphere.

I'll post a more lengthy reaction to my experiences today at some point soon.  I've got a lot to say Wink.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 09:13:08 PM »

Ha, arrested for shouting at a brutal dictator? I wonder what the reaction would be if someone was arrested for protesting Mugabe.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 12:35:23 AM »

Why was this woman arrested? I applaud her actions but I think she didn't go far enough.......
Q
QQQQQQ

Political Matrix
E: 2.26, S: -4.88

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:49:40 AM »

Why was this woman arrested? I applaud her actions but I think she didn't go far enough.

I agree completely.

The U.S. is very much in the pocket of the Chinese Communist Party.  It is disgusting that Bush, Microsoft, and Yale would allow its leader to speak at their venues.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 06:48:50 AM »

Why was this woman arrested? I applaud her actions but I think she didn't go far enough.

I agree completely.

The U.S. is very much in the pocket of the Chinese Communist Party.  It is disgusting that Bush, Microsoft, and Yale would allow its leader to speak at their venues.

Well he should be allowed to speak there but the protestors should be allowed to protest. It's only idiots in the US who still want to be Communist so it's not like we'll have a problem from him speaking.
Max Power
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 1.84, S: -8.09

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »

That woman should have killed him, not just protested. Hu Jintao is one of the biggest wastes of life in the world.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 11:41:08 AM »

I agree completely.

Well he should be allowed to speak there but the protestors should be allowed to protest. It's only idiots in the US who still want to be Communist so it's not like we'll have a problem from him speaking.

China is not communist, and you won't find a single real communist in the US who likes them. You should read what the Revolutionary Communist Party says about China.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 11:47:49 AM »

They fact that you have to as "Why" when the article clearly states why is kinda silly, don't you think?  She was there as a member of the Press, and as such, is expected to be civil and "invisible" to what is going on during the welcoming ceremony.  She deserves what she receives, and needs to take a lesson by her fellow Falun Gong members who were legally protesting outside of the gates where Hu passed by on his way into and out of the White House.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 12:59:09 PM »

Why was this woman arrested? I applaud her actions but I think she didn't go far enough.......

She used fake credentials to get inside the White House gates, so she deserves to be arrested.  Other than that I agree with her.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »

She used fake credentials to get inside the White House gates, so she deserves to be arrested.  Other than that I agree with her.

Good for her..to bad she didn't use those fake credentials to do the world a real service.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »

Good for her..to bad she didn't use those fake credentials to do the world a real service.

You want to start a nuclear war?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 02:13:22 PM »

They'd launch the first one and we'd flatten them in 2 hours.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2006, 09:17:12 AM »

They'd launch the first one and we'd flatten them in 2 hours.

I'd rather not have LA nuked if I can help it. If we can stop them from launching just one, it's worth it.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »

I agree completely.

The problem is, idiots comprise most of the population.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2006, 05:06:47 PM »

The US should sign a free trade deal with China.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies