Kerry expanding into Virginia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:45:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kerry expanding into Virginia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Kerry expanding into Virginia  (Read 10655 times)
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

Bush won't win NOVA or Hampton.  Therefore, he won't win a majority of voters in VA.  However, he may still win the state with a plurality.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2004, 05:56:05 PM »

The problem with WV's isn't that it's losing population... the problem is that less people in the strongly Democrat south of the state are voting.

Actually the real problem is that they are simply dying. Many of the older Roosvelt era diehard Democrats are simply dying and not being replaced with newly registered, and consistantly democratic voting democrats. We have much the same problem in my state in counties like Alleghany which used to be a staunch Democratic county. Last year there were several months that people were removed from the democratic rolls due to death far out numbered new enrollments.

Its about time.
The Vorlon
Vorlon
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -4.21

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2004, 10:30:41 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2004, 11:47:51 PM by The Vorlon »

Or maybe I have access to more numbers than you do, and understand them better....  Wink

Have a great weekend.. Smiley

ahhhh....the fabled 'secret information' like that guy who had his secret 'inside info' on who's on the real Kerry Shortlist.

dude..I dont have a problem with you...just admit that your predictions are effected by your pro Bush bias just like everyone else. admitting you are biased is the first step....we are all biased....are we to assume that you are the only unbiased person (highly unlikely a lifelong Republican can suddenly become unbiased)

http://www.cleveland.com/news/index.ssf?/news/more/pd/05poll29.html

Ohio
Mason Dixon
1500 sample size
Bush +6

As I am sure you know, (because there is no way I could possibly have more information than you so I will just "remind" you)  this poll more or less agrees with the Terrance group poll showing Bush +4, and the Public Opinion Strategies poll showing Bush +3

Not everybody plays the same game as you.  Your game is that you support Mr. Kerry, my "game" is that I want to get every state right this year.

I am in a huge election pool with (currently) over 1200 other people and the prize fund is non-trivial.  

I'd like a nice big chunk of that pie Smiley

In a hockey pool, do you pick the players you "like" or the ones you think will score the most points?

I am not a huge fan of Detroit's Pavel Datsuk (weak in his own end, floats at the blue line) but I was quite happy to get him in the 6th round of my regular season hockey pool..

You are so partisan that the concept that somebody could not have a "horse in the race" is alien to you.  

I can accept that, I would hope that you can accept that there are those who have moved beyond a partisan universe into one where other things are valued.

I like that you have passion for your guy, I hope you register every single voter in your neighborhood and you do all you can to bring more people into the process.

That is your game, not mine anymore.  I have done my bit for God and Country as it were.

I just have a different set of rules that I play by relative to you.

BTW, there is another fellow on this board that is 100% convinced that I am pro-Kerry and a closet Democrat.

I should introduce you to each other. Smiley

Please have a nice weekend.  

Bush leads Kerry in new PD poll

Mark Naymik
Plain Dealer Politics Writer
5/29/03

President Bush leads John Kerry by 6 percentage points in the battle for Ohio, a state that could decide who wins the White House, according to a statewide Plain Dealer poll.

Ohio voters surveyed say they favor Bush over Kerry, 47 percent to 41 percent. Consumer advocate Ralph Nader draws 3 percent, though he has yet to qualify for the Ohio ballot. Nine percent say they are undecided.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2004, 10:56:53 PM »

dude..I dont have a problem with you...just admit that your predictions are effected by your pro Bush bias just like everyone else. admitting you are biased is the first step....we are all biased....are we to assume that you are the only unbiased person (highly unlikely a lifelong Republican can suddenly become unbiased)

Yes, how dare he predict a Kerry victory on Nov 02.  If he does indeed prefer the Republicans like you claim, how does that translate into him skewing his predictions in their favor?

And he does indeed have inside information.  You've seen it posted more than once.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2004, 01:42:41 AM »

alright, supersoulty's latest prediction map:

I really hope you made this map for some other reason and it's not a serious prediction. I can't see even supersoulty being this deluded.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2004, 02:16:25 AM »

I really hope you made this map for some other reason and it's not a serious prediction. I can't see even supersoulty being this deluded.

Oh for Christ's sake how many ing times am I going ot have to explain this.  That was a map I made to explain a dream I had.  Don't bother goin ginto my maps and if you do, the least curdisy you could do is look on the last ing page and get the explination.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2004, 04:29:16 AM »

The problem with WV's isn't that it's losing population... the problem is that less people in the strongly Democrat south of the state are voting.

Actually the real problem is that they are simply dying. Many of the older Roosvelt era diehard Democrats are simply dying and not being replaced with newly registered, and consistantly democratic voting democrats. We have much the same problem in my state in counties like Alleghany which used to be a staunch Democratic county. Last year there were several months that people were removed from the democratic rolls due to death far out numbered new enrollments.

Its about time.

Death wouldn't be a problem if younger people in Southern WV voted. As a rule they don't.
If Kerry wants to win WV he needs these people to turn out.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2004, 08:13:34 AM »

I was driving through WV and I listened in on a rally in S. WV.  I was surprised to see that there is actual enthusiasm for Kerry among the coal miners and especially among their children.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2004, 09:00:46 AM »

i always enjoy my trips to wva.  i was driving down I-77 recently in southern wva and i saw a dead bear on the side of the road.  ive seen a lot of roadkill in my time, but that is the first and only bear ive ever seen that had been hit by a car.

it was a small bear, but it had to have torn the vehicle that hit it all to pieces.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2004, 09:42:32 AM »

Its about time.

Death wouldn't be a problem if younger people in Southern WV voted. As a rule they don't.
If Kerry wants to win WV he needs these people to turn out.

I know I've said it about a million times. I don't mean to be morbid but my whole point is I think this country may end its dead lock and actually get something done once the New Dealers and BabyBoomer/Vietnam era folks are to old to be in office anymore. That is why I feel their is going to be a shift among the electorate.

On a side note : WalterMitty what part of N.C. are you from?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2004, 10:48:22 AM »

i live in the north central part of the state.  close to greensboro.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2004, 11:07:41 AM »

My wifes family is from Wilson.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2004, 03:06:39 PM »

I was driving through WV and I listened in on a rally in S. WV.  I was surprised to see that there is actual enthusiasm for Kerry among the coal miners and especially among their children.

IIRC he did very well in Coal Country in the VA primary
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2004, 05:15:47 PM »

Oh for Christ's sake how many g times am I going ot have to explain this.  That was a map I made to explain a dream I had.  Don't bother goin ginto my maps and if you do, the least curdisy you could do is look on the last g page and get the explination.

you don't have an explanation for anything past version 3
khirkhib

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2004, 06:18:11 PM »

BRTD I already started this debate with him too.  And he does seem to get very testy about his maps.  I think he means that out is some discussion some point in the past he explained his map so if you really wanted to know what the map meant you would look up all entries that he has made.  Or more specifally the entries that he made on the day that the map was produced and find the explanation that he posted with it.  Really simple actually and were lazy for not havind done it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2004, 06:35:20 PM »

Fellows, lay off Super, he was using that map for another thread. I usually just use the calculator under the Election INFO section but he chooses to use the Prediction area. Give him a break already.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2004, 09:31:48 PM »

at least he should explain that in the description then. like i said, he has nothing up past version 3.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2004, 09:44:43 PM »

oh and StatesRights, your map has Kerry winning Florida. I thought you were saying Kerry had no chance in Florida?

Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2004, 09:45:57 PM »

Might be another one of those fake maps.  There is no way that one is serious.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2004, 10:16:39 PM »

I have dreamed that map 6 times in the past year. I stick firm by it. Major event in July-August. I have 3-4 other sources who confirm and have had the same dream. Rack me up with the nutzos if you wish.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2004, 10:19:48 PM »

I have dreamed that map 6 times in the past year. I stick firm by it. Major event in July-August. I have 3-4 other sources who confirm and have had the same dream. Rack me up with the nutzos if you wish.

so you think Kerry will win Florida? You've said many times in the past Kerry has no chance in Florida.

I'm interested in what type of event could give Kerry Virginia and Missouri while he loses California and Washington.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2004, 10:23:34 PM »

so you think Kerry will win Florida? You've said many times in the past Kerry has no chance in Florida.

I'm interested in what type of event could give Kerry Virginia and Missouri while he loses California and Washington.

I hope to heck my map is wrong! I hope Bush does win Florida. Because I fear something terrible will have happened for this map to occur.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2004, 07:08:31 AM »

Thurmond,

Who wins in your map?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix