I just got busted for....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just got busted for....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: I just got busted for....  (Read 14723 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »

What the hell were you doing bringing alcohol to school anyway?

I agree with Dazzleman.  If you are bringing alcohol to school, something's up.  Either you're addicted or it's making you make really stupid choices, or both.  Good luck finding help, either way.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 07:31:33 PM »

That sucks Tweed. Kids at my school only get like 2 days of in school suspension for that but my school lacks true discipline policies which I suppose is why were are facing some "gang" problems now.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 07:36:11 PM »

Suspended five days, I assume this means you get zeroes for all the work you miss, you have to explain this on college applications. You've been punished. It's not a federal case.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 07:43:27 PM »

That sucks Tweed. Kids at my school only get like 2 days of in school suspension for that but my school lacks true discipline policies which I suppose is why were are facing some "gang" problems now.

What district do you live in, Andrew?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »

If it was to take to a party or something, it's not too bad, but if you were planning on drinking it whilst at school, there's probably a problem.

When I was in year 11 one of the year 12s sometimes had a beer when he was out the back smoking with us. He was 18 (legal age), but still, it wasn't a good image.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

how is tweed getting alcohol?  is someone buying it for him, or is he sneaking it from his parents?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2006, 10:09:25 PM »

Tweed, my respect for you just shot up way up. You are a true Freedom Fighter.

Best of luck.
Virginian87
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 2.70

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2006, 11:14:06 PM »

Tweed, my respect for you just shot up way up. You are a true Freedom Fighter.

Best of luck.

WTF?  How does bringing alcohol on school premises make you a freedom fighter?  What's your personal philosophy, that people should face life wasted all the time?

What Tweed did was stupid and wrong, not something to be encouraged.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2006, 11:15:55 PM »

alcohol possesion on school property.  5 days suspension, probably more.

I need your help, guys.  I'm f'd up.

What kind of alcohol?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 12:40:02 AM »

Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 03:21:54 AM »

When I ws in 8th grade, it was the dya before the Christmas Vacations started, so this friend of mine brought a bottle of whisky to school that his parents had given him to give to one of the school bus drivers. (I wasn't there that day, I was just informed later.)
Of course, he and some of his friends took it, went to an empty classroom and drank a third of the bottle. It produced two girls walking around the school behaving like lunatics and I guess the guys got a bit less drunk.
At any rate, they all got one day cleaning tables at the cafeteria, except one that was expeled, but that was for other reasons.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 09:09:55 AM »

Haha, this doesn't matter at all.  At most it will make a story to tell later in life when you realize it doesn't matter.  More likely you won't even remember high school - I only remember a little.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »

Not good, not good at all. If you think you need help, don't think about it, just get it.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »

To answer some questions...

I had about 20oz of vodka on me and I was intoxication.  The formal charges are "possession of an illegal substance on school grounds" and "intoxication on school grounds".

The suspension is 5 days, plus a superintendant's hearing on Friday to decide if the suspension should be longer.  (But I doubt it will be extended, as I have no prior record.)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 12:32:04 PM »

I had about 20oz of vodka on me and I was intoxication.  The formal charges are "possession of an illegal substance on school grounds" and "intoxication on school grounds".

The suspension is 5 days, plus a superintendant's hearing on Friday to decide if the suspension should be longer.  (But I doubt it will be extended, as I have no prior record.)

Well, this is just plain f'ing stupid.  20 ounces?Huh?  Dude, what the f are you doing with 20 shots of vodka at school?  If it was all for you, your problems are greater than whatever the school will do to you.

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 01:39:56 PM »

Are you Irish? That could be a really good excuse you may be able to use.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 04:56:46 PM »

Did it occur to anyone that Boss Tweed only feels badly *because he got caught* not because he broke the law or was doing something harmful to himself?

People feel bad about getting caught all the time, but posting it on an internet forum is a sign that it's not just one's every day normal guilt.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 05:18:54 PM »

Bad Boss Tweed no alcohol for you
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 05:23:38 PM »

Not good, not good at all. If you think you need help, don't think about it, just get it.

Ditto.

Rin-chan
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 05:24:09 PM »

Ditto.

Rin-chan
What al and rin-chan said
Citizen James
James42

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -2.78

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2006, 07:03:32 PM »

But  why did you do it? 

If you can't answer that question, even to yourself, you  would be well advised to seek the help of a professional therapist; or at least  talk with a  counsilor and do some serious introspection.

Bringing alcohol to school is a sign of a serious lapse in judgement.  Having been caught may not have been a  whole lot  of fun, but if  you take a serious look at your life, seek help to  correct whatever problems you are facing, and get  your (stuff) together, it may be for the best.

Lying or making up  excuses, like a few have said, won't help anything.   If you get caught, your punishment will  be worse.  If you don't get caught, then you may not get the help you need to  remedy this self-destructive behavior.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:38 PM »

What has been your parents' reaction so far?
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »

Did it occur to anyone that Boss Tweed only feels badly *because he got caught* not because he broke the law or was doing something harmful to himself?

I was gonna say that.  I can understand a little alchie in the park or a playground every once in a while on a weekend hell I know I did it.  In school or even on a school night is completely bonheaded and stupid.  I wish Tweed gets punished even further for his own good.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2006, 08:15:37 PM »

This is pretty surprising to me, as I always thought of Tweed as someone who was acutely aware of what was in his own best interests.

If this is true, I hope you get help.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2006, 08:15:49 PM »

I really don't see why someone "needs help" just for bringing alcohol to school. Yeah, it was dumb, but it's not like he hurt anyone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies