I just got busted for.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:43:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just got busted for.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just got busted for....  (Read 14756 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 24, 2006, 02:35:21 PM »

alcohol possesion on school property.  5 days suspension, probably more.

I need your help, guys.  I'm f'd up.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »

To answer some questions...

I had about 20oz of vodka on me and I was intoxication.  The formal charges are "possession of an illegal substance on school grounds" and "intoxication on school grounds".

The suspension is 5 days, plus a superintendant's hearing on Friday to decide if the suspension should be longer.  (But I doubt it will be extended, as I have no prior record.)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 09:42:46 AM »

My mother and grandparents are upset, naturally.  My dad doesn't know yet, although when he does find out it's unlikely he has much of a reaction.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 08:19:06 PM »

My mother and grandparents are upset, naturally.  My dad doesn't know yet, although when he does find out it's unlikely he has much of a reaction.

Honestly you ought to have the tar beat out of you by your dad. That's what I'd recommend.

That's unlikely at this point, for a handful of reasons

a) I have about four inches on him, I could take him in a second
b) he wouldn't be all that upset

There are other reasons, but I won't post them of course.

And also, we don't really beat children up north.  at least it isn't commonplace.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 08:52:47 PM »

If you were my son, I'd double your allowance!

With your income level, I'm sure he'd appreciate the extra cent.

I don't have an allowance.  But if I ask for money I invariably will get it; although I hardly ever ask.  It's a simple situation, actually.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 09:55:05 AM »

I think that's the whole problem -- that your dad is disengaged, and you're looking for his attention.

Can somebody speak to him and tell him what he needs to do?

Look, I'm fine with my father being "disengaged."  That's not a problem.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »

I think that's the whole problem -- that your dad is disengaged, and you're looking for his attention.

Can somebody speak to him and tell him what he needs to do?

Look, I'm fine with my father being "disengaged."  That's not a problem.

Right there is screaming that it is a problem. I don't know whether to be concerned about your father seemingly not caring or you not wanting anything to do with your father. I know if I had done something showing such a lack of judgement that you did I damn sure wouldn't be logged on to an internet forum and I wouldn't have access to the outside world for a LONG time.

Oh, I still see him now and then.  We go to ball games together and lunch on Saturdays and so on.  But my relationship with him more like an uncle than it is a father-son relationship.  Honestly, that doesn't bother me.

And I don't see how internet access has anything to do with anything.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 08:20:22 PM »

I agree with Richius. This is a stupid teenage act, and I hope it doesn't affect him in 10 years after university when he's applying for a job.

At that point I'd just omit it from job applications if they asked and take a gamble that they don't check with my HS.  But I doubt they'd ask if you were ever suspended from public school when I'm 25.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:25:07 PM »

Where it could hurt is if you actually develop a drinking problem.  It seems to me you're drinking for the wrong reasons, and I find that worrisome.  A lot more worrisome than the trouble you're in at school right now.

Doesn't seem likely.  I can go for weeks without drinking and be fine.  I just enjoy it when I do.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_age

the USA has pretty much the highest drinking age
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 03:05:31 PM »

The school district extended the suspension for five more days.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 03:10:48 PM »

Consider yourself lucky, couldve been much worse.

I think a ten-day suspension is too long, honestly, especially considering I have no prior record.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »

I think a ten-day suspension is too long, honestly, especially considering I have no prior record.
Perhaps, but again, it still couldve ended with your expulsion. Like Fezzy's area, schools tend to be awfully strict around here, and I mean REALLY strict when it comes to what they call a 'Level 5' offense, including alcohol on the premises.

Yeah, but from what both of you have said, you probably go to schools without black people.  They can't afford to expel someone around here for alcohol possession when they get 15+ people with marijuana/something stronger every year.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 06:04:05 PM »

Perhaps, but again, it still couldve ended with your expulsion. Like Fezzy's area, schools tend to be awfully strict around here, and I mean REALLY strict when it comes to what they call a 'Level 5' offense, including alcohol on the premises.
Yeah, but from what both of you have said, you probably go to schools without black people.  They can't afford to expel someone around here for alcohol possession when they get 15+ people with marijuana/something stronger every year.

True, though people in my school would disagree Roll Eyes.  There is a HUGE problem with drugs in my school, though.
Again, my school mirrors Fezzy's. We only have 3 African-Americans, but we have a big big big drug problem. We had a record low 6 people caught this year.

Every school has a "bigbigbig" drug "problem."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies