I just got busted for.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:18:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I just got busted for.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I just got busted for....  (Read 14768 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« on: April 24, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Boss Tweed, do you think you're developing a problem with alcohol?

Honestly, I think you've been looking to get into trouble because you are seeking the attention of somebody, most likely your dad, or maybe both your parents.

Maybe you can talk to a counselor about the issue.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 03:55:51 PM »

Nobody can help you but yourself, and how can you be stupid enough to even bring that to school?

He's not stupid.  I think that he wanted to get caught.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 04:15:01 PM »

I guess I'll be the sympathetic voice, since people are too busy being jerks (excluding Daz).  I feel for you Tweed; I'm sorry that you got caught.  Good luck.

Nym90 isn't being a jerk either, ian.

Tweed needs to talk to somebody about what is bothering him.  He's been courting trouble on this issue for a long time, pushing the envelope further and further.  Most kids seek trouble in one way or another; I know I did.  So it's not that hard to understand.  Depending on how he and his parents handle it, this whole incident can be a normal part of growing pains, or it can be a harbinger of future problems.  Hopefully the former.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 04:25:43 PM »

Try to pass it off on someone else. Lying like a sonofabitch is the only decent way out of this one and if you have a decent school record, it might lessen the penalty a bit.

Jake, you're not drinking yet, are you?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 05:33:08 PM »

Nope, but a couple friends got busted and were able to lie themselves down to a five day suspension for possession earlier this year.

I never brought alcohol to school, though I was a regular drinker my last 2 years of high school.  I drank on weekends, and sometimes after school (especially, for some reason, if I had to stay after).

What lie did they tell to get a 5-day suspension?  What would they have faced if they hadn't lied?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 06:20:29 PM »

wow that was stupid,  well hopefully hopefully you don't get in too much trouble. 

I hope he gets into enough trouble so that the issues that are bothering him get the attention they need, both from him as well as from his parents.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 07:15:14 PM »

If you are trying to get yourself into even more trouble than you already are for the sheer thrill of it, you should also try selling marijuana on school grounds.  It will make your current punishment a mere slap-on-the-wrists in comparison. 

Are you speaking from experience?

I used to love getting in trouble, but only for minor stuff.  I still haven't totally outgrown it.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 07:43:27 PM »

That sucks Tweed. Kids at my school only get like 2 days of in school suspension for that but my school lacks true discipline policies which I suppose is why were are facing some "gang" problems now.

What district do you live in, Andrew?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:38 PM »

To answer some questions...

I had about 20oz of vodka on me and I was intoxication.  The formal charges are "possession of an illegal substance on school grounds" and "intoxication on school grounds".

The suspension is 5 days, plus a superintendant's hearing on Friday to decide if the suspension should be longer.  (But I doubt it will be extended, as I have no prior record.)

What has been your parents' reaction so far?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »

Did it occur to anyone that Boss Tweed only feels badly *because he got caught* not because he broke the law or was doing something harmful to himself?

I was gonna say that.  I can understand a little alchie in the park or a playground every once in a while on a weekend hell I know I did it.  In school or even on a school night is completely bonheaded and stupid.  I wish Tweed gets punished even further for his own good.

Frankly, I don't think 5 days suspension is much of a punishment.  How his parents handle it is much more important than what the school does.

I agree that Tweed doesn't really want to take his punishment over this; who would?  But I think that he knows he has some issues that need to be addressed, and part of the reason he did this was to get the adults in his life to address those issues.  I hope they do.

This is not a terrible crime he committed, so I don't think he needs to feel great guilt over this.  But he's on a destructive path of seeking out serious trouble, and I hope he gets the help he needs.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 08:24:01 PM »

I really don't see why someone "needs help" just for bringing alcohol to school. Yeah, it was dumb, but it's not like he hurt anyone.

It's not so much the action, but the reason for why it was done.  Rational 15-year-olds concerned about their well-being don't knowingly carry a 20 oz bottle of vodka to high school.  There are numerous reasons for why someone might do this, and considering the fact that it's quite easy to just wait until school gets out, none of the reasons are particularly good news.

True.  Deliberately seeking out serious trouble for no logical reason could be a cry for attention of some sort.

Of course, Alcon could also be right.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 06:00:34 AM »

My mother and grandparents are upset, naturally.  My dad doesn't know yet, although when he does find out it's unlikely he has much of a reaction.

I think that's the whole problem -- that your dad is disengaged, and you're looking for his attention.

Can somebody speak to him and tell him what he needs to do?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:12 PM »

Oh, I still see him now and then.  We go to ball games together and lunch on Saturdays and so on.  But my relationship with him more like an uncle than it is a father-son relationship.  Honestly, that doesn't bother me.

And I don't see how internet access has anything to do with anything.

WRT your last comment, I think it proves how ineffectual your parents are, frankly.  When you get in big trouble, you should be denied the things that you like, and since you like internet access, your parents should deny it to you for a while as a form of punishment.

I hope things turn out OK for you Boss Tweed.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:37 PM »

I agree with Richius. This is a stupid teenage act, and I hope it doesn't affect him in 10 years after university when he's applying for a job.

At that point I'd just omit it from job applications if they asked and take a gamble that they don't check with my HS.  But I doubt they'd ask if you were ever suspended from public school when I'm 25.

I don't think it will hurt with job prospects in the future, nor should it.  Nobody is going to be interested in this once you get past high school.

Where it could hurt is if you actually develop a drinking problem.  It seems to me you're drinking for the wrong reasons, and I find that worrisome.  A lot more worrisome than the trouble you're in at school right now.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 08:26:23 PM »

Where it could hurt is if you actually develop a drinking problem.  It seems to me you're drinking for the wrong reasons, and I find that worrisome.  A lot more worrisome than the trouble you're in at school right now.

Doesn't seem likely.  I can go for weeks without drinking and be fine.  I just enjoy it when I do.

I hope you're right.  But you may not be.  I stand by what I said originally on this topic.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2006, 10:03:11 AM »

Moderation?
Yes: people 21 or over.
No: people younger should not be drinking period. Except for exceptions.
(communion, for example)

If you don't agree with the law, fine, change it.
But until then what is is and what is not is not.

Uhh, I hate to say you just offended about half the people on here myself included.  I've drank many times underage.

I drank many times underage also, but I am not offended by the comment.  the truth is the truth.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 08:06:14 PM »

The school district extended the suspension for five more days.

Congratulations...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies