Most vulnerable governor seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:19:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Most vulnerable governor seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most vulnerable governor seat  (Read 15311 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 28, 2004, 12:44:38 AM »

Montana will be close, but I predict that Brown will win in the 2-3% margin.  Schwietzer is currently bogged down in a scandal that will seriously hurt his campaign: he recently bought two trucks from a dealer in Idaho, instead of Montana.  
Also Shweitzer is a control freak who was running his own campaign until just weeks before the primary when he hired the son of NBA commisioner David Stern, but his campaign manager has vitually no control over the campaign, with shweitzer and his brother in complete control

Well it's good to here from someone that knows Montana politics that we still have a chance at keeping the Governorship there. Welcome to the forum, RockiesFan.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 12:56:21 AM »

Even with all of Shweitzer's oddities, however, he is a skilled politician (almost beat Sen Burns in '00)

Yeah I really can't believe that one. I think it was something like 51% - 48%. That is shocking a Montana incumbent Senator.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 05:52:45 PM »

I voted Holden as well - he looks to be in a fair amount of trouble.

He has a very strong primary challenge, too. I think he'll win that but he'll be very weak in the general. Missouri will go GOP.

As for the WV race, I don't see it going GOP, either. The Dem and Republican are very similar so the voters (Dems are the majority in WV) will probably see no reason to change party control.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies