Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2014, 12:38:54 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, MasterJedi)
| | |-+  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] Print
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 199117 times)
Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 19, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »
Ignore

Also, I'm a bit embarrassed that a Senator from my party is proposing a return to the failed policies of the Drug War Era. I had hoped that we had left that sad period behind us for good.

I concur with the former President. The Comprehensive Drug Reform Act was passed by the Senate unanimously last session. I'm not sure why Senator X wants us to return to the failed policies of the past.

I am glad that Chairman Nix and Senator TNF can at least agree with me that the War on Drugs as it was carried out in the past was a failure.  However, the pendulum has swung too far in the other direction and Atlasia's current drug policies are doomed to fail as well.  I believe that we should addressing this problem in a reasonable and responsible way with laws that balance punishment with rehabilitation and treatment.  If any of my fellow Senators agree that what I described approach then I'd urge them to support the important reforms that I have proposed.  If they want to continue the failed policies of the past, they should oppose my drug bills and vote for the status quo.  I would also welcome the input of my fellow Senators.  Together, we can strike a major blow against the scourge of drug addiction!

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

Senator TNF
TNF
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 19, 2014, 10:35:48 pm »
Ignore

I am proud to support X's bid to save our stingrays.

Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 20, 2014, 02:43:29 am »
Ignore

X could you at least consolidate some of these bills together. Even if you disagree with the content of the "comprehensive" law in question, is not the format such that the merits of which speak for themselves?

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 20, 2014, 08:32:00 am »
Ignore

X could you at least consolidate some of these bills together. Even if you disagree with the content of the "comprehensive" law in question, is not the format such that the merits of which speak for themselves?

I deliberately opted not to consolidate them so we could essentially have a "line-item vote" on each proposal, sorry Sad

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed

DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 20, 2014, 11:15:31 am »
Ignore

I don't understand or support re-criminalization either. There's so much else that could be done positively than to try to go back to an old negative that largely loaded jail cells with non-violent offenders.

PM:
Economic: -5.03
Social: -8.35

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: January 22, 2014, 08:06:41 pm »
Ignore

Rapists Shouldn't Have Custody Act of 2014

1. Effective upon the passage of this legislation, no Region may enact legislation granting custody of a child or visitation rights to persons having fathered children as a result of nonconsentual sexual intercourse. All existing legislation which does not explicitly bar rapists from obtaining custody or being allowed visitation rights to children they have fathered through nonconsentual sexual intercourse shall be superseded by this legislation, effective upon its passage.
2. This legislation should not be interpreted as preventing offenders from requiring to pay child support if otherwise required by Regional statute.
I fully support this.

Sanders/Schweitzer 2016!!!!

PJ for Senate!

I'm straight and not allowed to marry someone of the same gender. Why should gays have preferential treatment and be allowed to do so?
oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 27, 2014, 04:03:46 pm »
Ignore

Would a Senator be willing to introduce a bill for me?

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.
I could only wish that I looked like Paul Ryan
GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
Senator Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:02 pm »
Ignore

Yeah sure, as your Regional Senator
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 04:34:29 pm by Senator Tyrion »Logged

oakvale
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 28, 2014, 09:14:35 am »
Ignore

Yeah sure, as your Regional Senator

Excellent, I'll PM you.

Senior Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia.
I could only wish that I looked like Paul Ryan
GRIMES FOR KENTUCKY SENATOR
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: February 15, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »
Ignore

Is there a place I could read about the powers of the VP in the Senate, what he can do in the senate procedures. When NCYankee is absent the senate work almost stops. I thought maybe the VP has some power to move things. 

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: February 15, 2014, 06:11:41 pm »
Ignore

Is there a place I could read about the powers of the VP in the Senate, what he can do in the senate procedures. When NCYankee is absent the senate work almost stops. I thought maybe the VP has some power to move things. 

The VP can do everything I can do. In fact, he is the primary authority and all my authority is delegated directly from him. http://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Current_Senate_Rules,_Regulations,_and_Procedures

On the flip side, the Consitution only allows the VP to break ties, so that is omething he can do that I cannot.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: February 15, 2014, 06:13:17 pm »
Ignore

Whilst losing the two days was unfortunate, we are still on track to break records on both amendments to legislation and legislation overall, if the pace so far is maintained in the last two or three weeks.

Senator bore
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 03, 2014, 12:58:06 pm »
Ignore

I need somewhere to put this, and this thread will do as well as any other. The amendments that have been ratified since the wiki was last updated are the expulsion amendment, the  mandatory minimum one the on 3rd thoughts and the semi presidentialism one.
Maxwell
mah519
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: -7.91

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 03, 2014, 09:47:52 pm »
Ignore

I'll get on the amendments problem friday night or saturday afternoon, and as well update resolutions and some other things on the wiki.

Thank you for notifying me.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 [86] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout