Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2016, 01:30:00 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  General Senate Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 3289 times)
Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 04:53:06 am »
Ignore

I don't see a "General Court Discussion" thread anywhere (maybe I missed it?) and I'd rather not clutter up the case thread that is already cluttered by a silly argument you and Windjammer had.

Also, how was that a hysterical rant? 3 sentences is hardly a rant (I mean, of anyone, I think I'd know what constitutes a rant...), and it was far from hysterical.

I created one in 2009, but it is not stickied and only gets bumped, usually by me, when a case has started, which means that most discussion has already run its course in other places, even the case threads the discussion thread was meant to keep clear.

Well, someone should sticky it then.

Its not officially endorsed. I was not a PPT or even Dean of the Senate when I created it, just a first term regional Senator from the then Dirty South. Some might say I "malaciously" created a place for supreme court discussion to occur outside of case threads. Tongue

Supreme, Almighty, All Knowing, All Seeing, Eternal Judicial Spirit Entity of the Glorious South Region.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »
Ignore

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley

Barnes MP
Speaker of the Parliament of South America
Chairman of the Social Liberals
Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:46 am »
Ignore

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley

Yea, I kind of had the same just with the former. I planned to spend most of today taking care of stuff on here, but with most of my days off, I ended up spending it asleep and taking care of important real life matters, within the limits that a Sunday allows.

Supreme, Almighty, All Knowing, All Seeing, Eternal Judicial Spirit Entity of the Glorious South Region.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 12:53:05 pm »
Ignore

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.

Barnes MP
Speaker of the Parliament of South America
Chairman of the Social Liberals
Senate Speaker Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 03:36:55 pm »
Ignore

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.
Likewise.

Senator Kent
ClarkKent
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 10:35:18 am »
Ignore

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?

Never Trump

E: 7.61
S: -0.70
Senator Blair
Blair2015
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 11:20:37 am »
Ignore

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session

Senator Kent
ClarkKent
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:10 pm »
Ignore

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session
Thanks

Never Trump

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:26 pm »
Ignore

My citizen opinion is the Senate should confirm Talleyrand for the job of Secretary of Federal Elections. He was assistant to SoFE so he knows elections and is qualified for the role.

I think he applied for it so it shows his interest. It appears other people asked have refused. If Senators have concerns about the nominee due to past behavior, they can ask him what he would do in certain situations they think is open to interpretations and be reassured that way.

This is not a lifelong position. If he does an awful job he can be replaced. If he makes a call that you find unfair, you can go to the Supreme Court. So please Senators, confirm him.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:47 pm »
Ignore

In the Closing election loophole Act in regards to the editing ballot rule, there was a possibility brought up of clarifying the case of posting a ballot less than 20 minutes before the deadline and if the editing period could extend after the closing of the booth. I don't see this addresses in the Act.

Section 3. Once a ballot has been posted in the voting booth thread, the voter shall have 20 minutes from the posting of the ballot to edit his post as necessary; but no ballot shall be counted as valid which has been edited more than 20 minutes after being posted in the voting booth thread.

I don't see the text makes clear no edit is valid after the voting booth closes.
Senator Kent
ClarkKent
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2016, 12:13:58 pm »
Ignore

I've been approached about the Constitutionality of this bill:

http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=231300.0

The bill passed the Northeast Assembly, but Article 1, Section 7 of the Constitution states:

7.No Region shall, without the Consent of the Senate, maintain Armed Forces in time of Peace.

Never Trump

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 09:43:07 pm »
Ignore

The National Broadcaster might well be a media to show the Poirot series to the general public. I don't have to explain the cultural importance of this. For this and because there is a role for a national broadcaster, I am against its privatization.
Senate Speaker Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 11:03:32 pm »
Ignore

The National Broadcaster might well be a media to show the Poirot series to the general public. I don't have to explain the cultural importance of this. For this and because there is a role for a national broadcaster, I am against its privatization.
I'm inclined to take your view of the matter, Poirot. I love Nyman Weekly and think Ted does an excellent job running his paper, but there's something to be said for having a media source that is not beholden to market forces.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »
Ignore

Shouldn't there be a hearing for the nomination of a new Registrar General? I think the President nominated someone for that position.
Senator Smith (Labor-MA)
cxs018
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 10:14:54 pm »
Ignore

Yup, 1184AZ was nominated.

ISideWith results:

Sanders 91%
Stein 89%
McAfee 87%