Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 06, 2016, 11:04:20 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  General Senate Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 2689 times)
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 04:53:06 am »
Ignore

I don't see a "General Court Discussion" thread anywhere (maybe I missed it?) and I'd rather not clutter up the case thread that is already cluttered by a silly argument you and Windjammer had.

Also, how was that a hysterical rant? 3 sentences is hardly a rant (I mean, of anyone, I think I'd know what constitutes a rant...), and it was far from hysterical.

I created one in 2009, but it is not stickied and only gets bumped, usually by me, when a case has started, which means that most discussion has already run its course in other places, even the case threads the discussion thread was meant to keep clear.

Well, someone should sticky it then.

Its not officially endorsed. I was not a PPT or even Dean of the Senate when I created it, just a first term regional Senator from the then Dirty South. Some might say I "malaciously" created a place for supreme court discussion to occur outside of case threads. Tongue

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 04:53:47 pm »
Ignore

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley

Barnes MP
Speaker of the Parliament of South America
Chairman of the Social Liberals
Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:46 am »
Ignore

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley

Yea, I kind of had the same just with the former. I planned to spend most of today taking care of stuff on here, but with most of my days off, I ended up spending it asleep and taking care of important real life matters, within the limits that a Sunday allows.

He's BACK!!! His Time Has Come Once Again! Now We're All Gonna Die! No One is Safe From His Wrath!

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 12:53:05 pm »
Ignore

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.

Barnes MP
Speaker of the Parliament of South America
Chairman of the Social Liberals
Senator Truman
Harry S Truman
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 03:36:55 pm »
Ignore

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.
Likewise.

Senator Kent
ClarkKent
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 10:35:18 am »
Ignore

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?

Marco Rubio for President!

E: 7.23
S: -0.35
Governor Blair
Blair2015
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.39

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 11:20:37 am »
Ignore

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session
Senator Kent
ClarkKent
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:10 pm »
Ignore

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session
Thanks

Marco Rubio for President!

E: 7.23
S: -0.35
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:26 pm »
Ignore

My citizen opinion is the Senate should confirm Talleyrand for the job of Secretary of Federal Elections. He was assistant to SoFE so he knows elections and is qualified for the role.

I think he applied for it so it shows his interest. It appears other people asked have refused. If Senators have concerns about the nominee due to past behavior, they can ask him what he would do in certain situations they think is open to interpretations and be reassured that way.

This is not a lifelong position. If he does an awful job he can be replaced. If he makes a call that you find unfair, you can go to the Supreme Court. So please Senators, confirm him.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout