Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 27, 2016, 01:46:25 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2016 predictions are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Print
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 29438 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 08, 2015, 05:55:18 pm »
Ignore

In reading the sentencing, I see "attempted to convince Gustaf to invalidate his ballot" and "Had Gustaf heeded Fitzgerald's suggestion" and I see interpretations because I don't view the suggestion to go invalidate a ballot. The proof is a 11 lines of chat over 30 minutes. He says he thinks there is an error and explains what he thinks it is.

http://pastebin.com/8YqugZAH

I'm worried what people can spin out of a conversation if it's enough to get someone banned. I remember sending a pm to someone thanking a voter for a high preference vote even though  I thought the vote would not count because of a mistake done by the voter. The person could have gone to court and claim I tried to make them modify the vote and get me banned.
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 08, 2015, 06:39:26 pm »
Ignore

Yep, it's frankly a pretty insane ruling. Even if there was reliable evidence that Fitzgerald said those things, they are definitely not illegal. It's a testament to how far the legal system of this once great country has deteriorated under the Lumine regime.

Oakvale
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 08, 2015, 06:55:00 pm »
Ignore

Roll Eyes
Gustaf
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2015, 11:22:16 am »

Lol, it was a pretty obvious attempt to make me edit my ballot. And while I've been around long I don't really keep up with the ever changing laws of Atlasia so I wouldn't necessarily have known it'd invalidate my ballot. The attempt was done really stupidly of course, but that's another matter.

This place really has become a cesspool of degenerate whores...

Economic score: +0.9
Social score: -2.61

In MN for fantasy stuff, member of the most recently dissolved centrist party.
Eternal Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 10, 2015, 03:01:18 am »
Ignore

This seems to be needed again. Smiley

Supreme, Almighty, All Knowing, All Seeing, Eternal Judicial Spirit Entity of the Glorious South Region.

Don't ever forget how easy it can all slip away: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=208279.0

Daylight lift me into shape. I must have been asleep for months. I found myself alone, alone, alone above a raging sea...
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 29, 2015, 06:01:52 pm »
Ignore

I think I hear the faint sound of the national razor being prepped.

Supreme, Almighty, All Knowing, All Seeing, Eternal Judicial Spirit Entity of the Glorious South Region.

Don't ever forget how easy it can all slip away: http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=208279.0

Daylight lift me into shape. I must have been asleep for months. I found myself alone, alone, alone above a raging sea...
The People's Flag Is Deepest Red
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 07, 2015, 05:53:13 pm »
Ignore

I don't know if there's any mechanism for change of venue, but I'd like to point out it would be hard to complete a fully impartial jury in Pacific which was sharply divided during the very crisis.

Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
YaBB God
France

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 07, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »
Ignore

I don't know if there's any mechanism for change of venue, but I'd like to point out it would be hard to complete a fully impartial jury in Pacific which was sharply divided during the very crisis.
If I recall correctly, they can choose an another region for the jury.

Flo   it seems like everytime i talk to you i have some sort of illness
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US state senates
Windjammer Partisan Voting Index for US State Houses
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2015, 01:30:25 am »
Ignore

The Pacific also has such a small pool of voters that it would be difficult obviously to do so as well.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2015, 11:51:57 pm »
Ignore

We need this clearly.

Justice TJ
TJ in Cleve
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 6.96

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2015, 08:38:54 pm »
Ignore

We need this clearly.

lol

Sometimes the bad guys win. Nobody 2016!
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2015, 02:00:20 am »
Ignore

This has been one heck of a crazy week TJ.

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2015, 01:24:57 am »
Ignore

And as usual, the cavalry (This thread) arrives too late. Tongue

North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 04, 2016, 01:54:36 am »
Ignore

As an originalist I believe that the court should support the founding fathers' intent. The fact that Arizona was not placed within a region in the 4th constitution clearly means Arizona was meant to be independent. How could a website full of electoral map nerds miss an entire state??

As one of those founders, I can assure that was not the case. Tongue I am sure every other founder as well as statements dating back to mid May will verify that. Wink It was a typo, and of course you are bringing out your patented loophole abuse to stir up trouble again. If you would use your emense skills to help this game instead of trying to break it, everyone would be so much happier. Either let it go and let others have a chance or return and as a constructive participant rather than a legal terrorist.

Bacon!
Bacon King
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 07, 2016, 02:05:34 am »
Ignore

I happen to believe stirring up a little bit of controversy can be constructive - you can't have progress without a bit of chaos! Besides - every story needs a villian, no?

Besides if I was going to do something that could be fairly described as "legal terrorism", I promise you that at the very least my shenanigans would have also included the other two states you founding fathers forgot about... Wink

BK without all the crazy drugs just wouldn't be BK.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 07, 2016, 09:39:19 am »
Ignore

Do you need me to return and set them all straight?

I don't know, "Enver Pasha" might get our forces destroyed in deserts of AZ. Tongue

Peebs
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2016, 09:41:08 am »
Ignore

Crossposting from Arizona thread
I, for one, would like to know how Arizona, should the Kingdom win this case, be treated. Will it get a new board? A new wiki? Will there be a parliamentary system?
Also:

PiT, South Governor
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »
Ignore

Crossposting from Arizona thread
I, for one, would like to know how Arizona, should the Kingdom win this case, be treated. Will it get a new board? A new wiki? Will there be a parliamentary system?
Also:

I think we cross that bridge when we get to it.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout