Why cant Hillary win? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:18:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why cant Hillary win? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why cant Hillary win?  (Read 6703 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 23, 2006, 05:43:24 PM »

] One key reason: Fifty-seven percent of Democrats and 52 percent of independents polled think she'd be treated more harshly than other candidates.

That's the stupdiest reason I've ever heard of. Gore was treated harshly. Kerry was treated harshly. Anyone we run is going to be treated harshly. How harshly the Republican organizations such as the RNC and the so called media treat our candidate should not be used as criteria.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 05:00:42 PM »

The right-wing is so used to blindly attacking Democrats as soft on terrorism. The problem for them is Hillary is kind of a warmonger, so they have to resort to personal attacks.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:47:18 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2006, 07:52:13 PM by jfern »

I suspect the public is in the mood for a little 'fiscal liberalism', Vlad - they're tired of getting poorer, not being able to afford things like health care, and are in the mood to soak their betters.

A lot of people said the same thing around the time of the 1984 election. "Reagan will raise taxes and so will I! He Won't tell you - I just did". Welll...we saw how much good a little fiscally liberal spirit did Walter Mondale. I personally think that we already deal with fiscal liberalism. Spending has increased by over 60% since 2001 - with little to show for it. The people I talk to are clamoring for fiscal responsibility.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think you're being a tad bit unfair here. Kind of like the muslim population, the extremist whack-job population accounts for a very low percentage of the community...there are plenty of socially tolerant Republicans in the world. They just don't run for office...this is why I'm really pulling for Giuliani.  Here is some stuff/people to look into.

Republicans for Choice
Log Cabin Republicans
Lincoln Chafee

Republicans for Choice - never heard of them
Log Cabin Republicans - didn't endorse Bush in 2004, even though they had previously always endorsed the Republican nominee for President
Lincoln Chafee - didn't vote for Dubya in 2004

These guys need to stop being in the party of hatred. It's time for them to become the next Jim Jeffords or David Eisenhower and get the hell out.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies