DeVos and Granholm in dead heat
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:59:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  DeVos and Granholm in dead heat
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DeVos and Granholm in dead heat  (Read 958 times)
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2006, 02:26:07 PM »

New Poll: Michigan Governor by EPIC/MRI on 2006-05-08

Summary: D: 45%, R: 46%, U: 9%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »

This is the closest governors race ever.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 03:45:24 PM »

Not particularly good news, though I still have not seen a single Granholm ad yet, compared to a massive number of Devos ads. For those of you from downstate, is Granholm advertising there, or is it just the UP that is getting snubbed?

I still feel confident that Devos will go over like a lead baloon in southeast Michigan.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:57 PM »

Not particularly good news, though I still have not seen a single Granholm ad yet, compared to a massive number of Devos ads. For those of you from downstate, is Granholm advertising there, or is it just the UP that is getting snubbed?

I still feel confident that Devos will go over like a lead baloon in southeast Michigan.

no granholm ads here in mid-michigan
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:09:01 AM »

I don't watch much TV. That said, I've seen DeVos ads on the Detroit media and Lansing media. I also saw a DeVos ad up North(Cadillac TV)

I didn't see any Granholm ads. I think she's sandbagging.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 01:09:50 PM »

On "Off the Record" with Tim Skubick this past weekend (great show, BTW) it was mentioned that Granholm would start running ads in June.

Another interesting tidbit was that apparently Granholm is actually doing quite well in western Michigan, where the economy is doing better, while Devos is running strong in the Detroit suburbs and on the I-75 corridor up towards Flint/Saginaw/Bay City, where the economy is not doing so well. Devos was also up big in the Lansing area (hard to believe that one, but who knows).

Granholm's personal favorability ratings continue to be well ahead of her job approval ratings, as well. Not sure if that bodes well for her or not, but she's always been a good speaker and campaigner.
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 07:55:42 PM »

On "Off the Record" with Tim Skubick this past weekend (great show, BTW) it was mentioned that Granholm would start running ads in June.

Another interesting tidbit was that apparently Granholm is actually doing quite well in western Michigan, where the economy is doing better, while Devos is running strong in the Detroit suburbs and on the I-75 corridor up towards Flint/Saginaw/Bay City, where the economy is not doing so well. Devos was also up big in the Lansing area (hard to believe that one, but who knows).

Granholm's personal favorability ratings continue to be well ahead of her job approval ratings, as well. Not sure if that bodes well for her or not, but she's always been a good speaker and campaigner.

I wish the polls are specific on what consists of each area. Is Lake County and Manistee covered in West MI? Or is that "Up North"? Is Livingston County part of the Lansing, Detroit, or Ann Arbor area? That would skew whatever area towards the GOP. Is Detroit area just the Tri-County area? I don't know what is considered what. That said.

Lansing isn't as much of a surprise to me. I know many state workers there feel betrayed after voting for her in 2002. (She even won the Republican areas near Lansing (Eaton County, DeWitt in Clinton County) due to the Engler hatred among state employees) I doubt she'd duplicate that, just because she's boss if nothing else.

The GOP has been making some good gains (by percentage) in Genesee County lately. Saginaw and Bay City areas have been tougher to crack as the dems consistantly get 53% there (Bay County is actually more dem than Saginaw County which surprises some).  Granholm really isn't the type of dem though that appeals there. That's part of the reason she picked John Cherry (who I actually like) as a running mate.

Grand Rapids itself took a big dem shift the last few years as did Kalamazoo. That may account for West Michigan.

We'll see what happens. I suspect much of "West MI" will return home, and much of the Flint area to do the same, just by partisan tradition, but a 5% shift here and there is all that's needed to win here as statewide contests here are almost always within 5%.
MissCatholic

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 11:09:15 AM »

Granholm cant spend any money until september or october. Hes a billionnaie trying to buy power. How his head gets through the door nobody will know.

He will destroy MichigaN. The state is being let down nationally by the GOP, Michigan is a great state and deserves better. We need a democratic president and an economy that benefits the middle class not bill o'reilly.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »

Granholm cant spend any money until september or october. Hes a billionnaie trying to buy power. How his head gets through the door nobody will know.

He will destroy MichigaN. The state is being let down nationally by the GOP, Michigan is a great state and deserves better. We need a democratic president and an economy that benefits the middle class not bill o'reilly.

Granholm is going to start running ads in June.

I do mostly agree with your second paragraph, though.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 08:05:38 PM »

I have never seen a race with polling this static.  In two months, we've seen five polls and results of R+1, D+1, D+1, tie, and tie.  That's really impressive.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies