Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:29:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina  (Read 1157 times)
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »

New Poll: South Carolina Governor by Rasmussen on 2006-04-20

Summary: D: 33%, R: 52%, U: 15%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 06:59:54 PM »

the horrible governor will win
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 09:09:48 AM »

With practically no visible signs of campaigning by the Demoocrats so far, things aren't as bleak for the Dems as this poll might suggest.  Sanford's numbers are unlikely to rise much while those of both Dems will rise once they start getting their message out to the general voter.  Neither Dem is likely to cause the undecideds to break in Sanford's favor.  What's disappointing is that once again there is no polling on the primary matchups.
SCDem07
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.74

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »

That is the real question right now in the SC gubernatorial election...I think Willis will beat Moore.  I'm feeling an upset because Willis has far more cash at his disposal than moore...he'll focus money on ads on television.  Who do you think will win the primary?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »

Cash and TV ads alone don't win elections.  Fisher just proved that by getting soundly trounced in the Columbia mayor's race by Coble.  Because of his connections in the State Senate, Moore has a built-in advantage when in comes to troops on the ground over any Mayor, especially one from a mid-sized city such as Florence. For Willis to win the nomination, I think he'll need to differentiate himself from Moore in a way that appeals to the base better than Moore.
SCDem07
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.74

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »

Cash and TV ads alone don't win elections.  Fisher just proved that by getting soundly trounced in the Columbia mayor's race by Coble.  Because of his connections in the State Senate, Moore has a built-in advantage when in comes to troops on the ground over any Mayor, especially one from a mid-sized city such as Florence. For Willis to win the nomination, I think he'll need to differentiate himself from Moore in a way that appeals to the base better than Moore.

Cash and TV ads may not win elections by themselves, but Moore does not have the executive experience of Willis, however he does have significant influence in Columbia.  It should be a close race.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 11:35:45 PM »

We haven't elected a mayor as Governor since 1938 when Maybank went from being Mayor of Charleston.  I see no reason to think that it will be any different this time, especially since Florence is not Charleston.  Willis will probably win the Pee Dee in the primary, but I think Moore will likely win the rest of the state and the nomination.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies