Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:14:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanford (R) with Solid Lead over Democratic Challengers in South Carolina  (Read 1166 times)
SCDem07
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.74

« on: May 15, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »

That is the real question right now in the SC gubernatorial election...I think Willis will beat Moore.  I'm feeling an upset because Willis has far more cash at his disposal than moore...he'll focus money on ads on television.  Who do you think will win the primary?
SCDem07
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.74

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 09:27:03 PM »

Cash and TV ads alone don't win elections.  Fisher just proved that by getting soundly trounced in the Columbia mayor's race by Coble.  Because of his connections in the State Senate, Moore has a built-in advantage when in comes to troops on the ground over any Mayor, especially one from a mid-sized city such as Florence. For Willis to win the nomination, I think he'll need to differentiate himself from Moore in a way that appeals to the base better than Moore.

Cash and TV ads may not win elections by themselves, but Moore does not have the executive experience of Willis, however he does have significant influence in Columbia.  It should be a close race.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies