What about Mike Easley... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:22:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What about Mike Easley... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about Mike Easley...  (Read 10642 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« on: May 24, 2006, 09:19:33 PM »

I don't know a lot about him, but it seems like he'd be a strong candidate. Is he charismatic?

A moderate charismatic Southerner gives the Democrats the best chance for victory.

no he isnt charasmatic.  to say the least, he isnt a people person.  he is awkward on the stump and makes the least amount of public appearances as possible.

many democrats dont like him because he isnt a 'party man'.  i doubt he could care less if democrats win or lose.

that being said, i like easley and i voted for him (once).

WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:42 PM »

itd be very hard for easley to win the nomination, since most democrat primary voters these days are little jferns.  easley totally avoids social issues.  although he is very vocal when it comes to his support of the death penalty (being a former prosecutor and AG)

in a general election, hed be damn tough to beat.  his ideology is virtually the same as bill clinton's.  he is pro-business, strongly pro-education, etc etc.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 03:47:28 PM »

Easley has said he isn't considering running at all.  If he was, we'd have heard of him by now. 

i dont expect easley to ever run for any office again (even us senate)

he would be an excellent cabinet appointee in a dem administration...sec of education or commerce would be ideal.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:54:37 PM »

Easley has said he isn't considering running at all.  If he was, we'd have heard of him by now. 

i dont expect easley to ever run for any office again (even us senate)

he would be an excellent cabinet appointee in a dem administration...sec of education or commerce would be ideal.

I know I think he has widely let it be known he isn't interested in any sort of office - which is a shame for Democrats as he could be a credible Senate candidate in 2008 or 2010. 

i would guess that someone like bob etheridge would be the democrat front runner for us senate in 08 or 10.  he has won statewide before (granted it was a much lower office.)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 04:08:48 PM »

I'm now wondering if Elizabeth Dole will run for re-election in 2008.  She will be 72 then, she hasn't done a good job at the NRSC and if the Democrats retake the Senate she would spend a long time in minority.  If so 2008 would be interesting and there seems to be quite a good Democratic bench in the state.  However, even if she didn't run in a presidential year the Republican candidate would be favoured. 

Richard Burr is up in 2010 and right now his ratings are not good but who can say what it will be like in four years time? 

it would be interesting if dole doesnt run for reelection.  someone like richard moore would have to think long and hard on whether he we would want to challenge beverly perdue for the democrat governor's nomination or run for senate.  again, i think etheridge would be the front runner on the democrat side.

thered be a ton of republicans lining up to run for an open seat.  patrick ballantine and sue myrick immediately come to mind.

richard burr will be in good shape.  he fits the state well.  i think most of his negative numbers is due to the fact that the republicans have had a bad couple of years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies