What about Mike Easley... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What about Mike Easley... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What about Mike Easley...  (Read 10628 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 27, 2006, 11:06:12 AM »

I'm now wondering if Elizabeth Dole will run for re-election in 2008.  She will be 72 then, she hasn't done a good job at the NRSC and if the Democrats retake the Senate she would spend a long time in minority.  If so 2008 would be interesting and there seems to be quite a good Democratic bench in the state.  However, even if she didn't run in a presidential year the Republican candidate would be favoured. 

Richard Burr is up in 2010 and right now his ratings are not good but who can say what it will be like in four years time? 

it would be interesting if dole doesnt run for reelection.  someone like richard moore would have to think long and hard on whether he we would want to challenge beverly perdue for the democrat governor's nomination or run for senate.  again, i think etheridge would be the front runner on the democrat side.

thered be a ton of republicans lining up to run for an open seat.  patrick ballantine and sue myrick immediately come to mind.

richard burr will be in good shape.  he fits the state well.  i think most of his negative numbers is due to the fact that the republicans have had a bad couple of years.

I hope to God that Dole steps down. Ballantine 2008.  Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies