Michigan Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:50:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Michigan Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would you pick for governor (and why)?
Dick DeVos (R)

Jennifer Granholm (D)-Incu.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Michigan Governor  (Read 12415 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: May 18, 2006, 12:26:21 PM »

Nomo, Hillary's buying her way into the presidency.

That said, DeVos.  Granholm has an awful agenda for education, hasn't done anything to help the economy (raising taxes) and hasn't done anything 'good' for us.  Now I know that DeVos might not be a good choice, (and I hate to use this line, but) he's not Granholm.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:27:37 PM »

Granholm; I think she's done an excellent job considering the tough times the state has gone through. The fundamental problems with Michigan's economy have existed for a long time, and I feel that her efforts have been concentrated in the right areas in attemping to improve that.

She has killed our economy.  We now have the 2nd worst economy behind Louisianna (because of Hurr. Katrina)--if we haven't passed them by now.  She has done nothing to improve our school system.  Dick DeVos has a plan--she's done nothing but ruin our wonderful state.  Thankfully she could never run for President--send her back to Canada.

^^
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »

looks pretty tied up right now.  A DeVos win isn't impossible, but it's also not likely.  Despite not doing anything good for the state, Granholm has name recognition and it's a left of center state she's working with.  DeVos on the other hand really has to deal with getting his name out there and getting his base to turn out as well as dealing with the fact he doesn't have any previous governing experience (which IMO it's a good thing).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies