Bush's approval rating in NY at 22%, down from 82%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:27:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bush's approval rating in NY at 22%, down from 82%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush's approval rating in NY at 22%, down from 82%  (Read 1970 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2006, 06:33:23 PM »

How's that 9/11 effect now?
http://newyorkbusiness.com/news.cms?newsId=13692
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:18 PM »

22%?  Hell, it's 0% in my house and both my wife and I voted for the guy.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 11:07:51 PM »

does Bush have the largest differential of any president (with polling data...etc.)

or, HYPOTHETICALLY, what former president would be worse? Than from 90% nationally to about 32?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:37:27 PM »

does Bush have the largest differential of any president (with polling data...etc.)

or, HYPOTHETICALLY, what former president would be worse? Than from 90% nationally to about 32?

His dad actually did almost precisely the same thing, only over a much shorter period of time. He went from about 90 percent during and immediately after the Persian Gulf War in early 1991 (I actually remember some semi-serious discussion as to whether or not the Democrats should even field a candidate against him in 1992), but dropped to 29 percent during the 1992 campaign.
Wyatt Chesney
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: -0.96

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 12:32:31 AM »

It happens with most unsuccessful war presidents. Public moralefor them shoots up because most people are willing to support their country and then when they realize that are actions aren't that great the support plummets.

Honestly, I wish the Dems hadn't fielded a candidate - Perot probably would have won and I would have had to spend the 90s listen to the GOP whine and complain every second of every day about how "immoral" Bill Clinton was.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 09:12:50 AM »

It happens with most unsuccessful war presidents. Public moralefor them shoots up because most people are willing to support their country and then when they realize that are actions aren't that great the support plummets.

Honestly, I wish the Dems hadn't fielded a candidate - Perot probably would have won and I would have had to spend the 90s listen to the GOP whine and complain every second of every day about how "immoral" Bill Clinton was.

What unsuccessful war did we fight?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 09:45:57 AM »

We've been trying to get rid of jfern for about two years now, and we have not been sucessful.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 11:14:49 AM »

Good point - the real objectives have been accomplished very well - getting huge sums out of the public treasury and into GOP cronies hands.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 11:40:38 AM »

Good point - the real objectives have been accomplished very well - getting huge sums out of the public treasury and into GOP cronies hands.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »

so ny population is 22% normal?  that is actually a bigger number than i thought.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 11:54:25 AM »

A low approval rating for any Republican president in NY isn't surprising at all.  Even with 9/11 boosting his ratings for a short time, no one should be shocked that his ratings are that low there now.

What should bother Republicans and supporters of the president alike is that he's pretty low in his approval ratings just about everywhere else.

The only really successfull thing Bush has done in the last, say, 6 months is paving the way for the Democrats to win in '08.  And for the sake of the country, I hope they do.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 01:27:52 PM »

Yeah, Dems will be just GREAT for the country.  Hate to burst your bubble, but we're screwed either way.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 01:30:19 PM »

so ny population is 22% normal?  that is actually a bigger number than i thought.

Approving of Bush at this point is not normal.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »

What exactly is noteworthy about this poll?  This is New York -what do you expect?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 02:15:09 PM »

Most of those 'normals' are the upstate hicks.  In NYC and LI, it's probably more like 10%.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 03:15:28 PM »

Most of those 'normals' are the upstate hicks.  In NYC and LI, it's probably more like 10%.

Hey! Upstaters aren't hicks! My town is economic conservative and I'd bet Bush's ratings here are below 22%.  He's managed to piss off the entire political compass.  That's quite an accomplishment.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 04:13:58 PM »

In the last SUSA poll, Bush's approval rating was 6% higher in upstate NY. It's hardly pro-Bush.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 05:58:02 PM »

Hey! Upstaters aren't hicks! My town is economic conservative and I'd bet Bush's ratings here are below 22%.  He's managed to piss off the entire political compass.  That's quite an accomplishment.

You're from Syracuse.  That's an urbanized upstate situation, along with Buffalo.  I'm talking about venturing into Mongomery county.  (I think that's the name of that county that Mills won)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 06:00:57 PM »

You're from Syracuse.  That's an urbanized upstate situation, along with Buffalo.  I'm talking about venturing into Mongomery county.  (I think that's the name of that county that Mills won)

No, it was Hamilton.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies