The long haul in Iraq and Iran and British Involvement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:17:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The long haul in Iraq and Iran and British Involvement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The long haul in Iraq and Iran and British Involvement  (Read 851 times)
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2006, 12:15:06 PM »

Looking to see some British opinion here

With the elections over with and a new Tory leader in place, all real fighting about Iraq seems to have died a sudden and welcome death. While it is a rather unpopular war, it seems only LibDem MPs have anything to say about it. Both Labour and Conservative words about it seem to be only condolences to family and perhaps a broad policy question (that's not terribly argumentative) from David Cameron. It seems (to me) that both parties know that debate is over as long as progress is made and casualties are low, it is just something that needs to be done. Indeed I think proof of this is that any loaded Iraq question is shouted down by most of the Commons.

That's all my opinion, what do you think of it?

Moving on, what will be the parties stance on Iran? Cameron approaches the subject occaisionally. I looks as if there is a wait and see spproach along with Blair's tactic of throwing responsibility for the ultimate decision to the UN, with no opposition from the Tories about this.

Speak!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies