Candidate Declaration Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Candidate Declaration Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 146
Author Topic: Candidate Declaration Thread  (Read 470972 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2350 on: February 10, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »

Official Announcement from Chairman Sanchez

I, Chairman Sanchez, of the Great State of Florida, declare my candidacy for the Office of Attorney General. I am a constitutionalists, and will follow both the SE and Fed. Constitution strictly.

Regional Attorney General, I presume? Tongue

Of the South East, I should of clarified that.
That'd be the Imperial Dominion of the South.

In any event, didn't we combine that position with the magistrates?  And then never hold another magistrate election?

We did? I don't recall that.
I vaguely remember when I first joined something about combining offices.  In any event, we haven't voted for a Magistrate or an "Attorney General" for a long time.  I don't know what a regional AG would do anyway, you seem to have the wiki under control.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2351 on: February 10, 2011, 06:02:23 PM »

I, Chairman Sanchez, of the Great State of Florida, declare my candidacy for the Office of Attorney General. I am a constitutionalists, and will follow both the SE and Fed. Constitution strictly.

In any event, didn't we combine that position with the magistrates?  And then never hold another magistrate election?

I vaguely remember when I first joined something about combining offices.  In any event, we haven't voted for a Magistrate or an "Attorney General" for a long time.  I don't know what a regional AG would do anyway, you seem to have the wiki under control.

Magistrate is an appointed position, & as far as I know Dibble has served as such for 5 1/2 years now. He has expressed no interest in vacating the office & I see no reason to replace him. He doesn't appear that often in Atlasia, but he's always been available when needed. I also just remembered that we changed the name of the office to Judicial Overlord, so that might also be a source of confusion.

We actually voted on an Attorney General in December. Given that the Attorney General has always been a rather invisible figure, I can't blame you for not noticing it, though ChairmanSanchez has communicated to me a desire to make the office more prominent.

I updated the lists of officeholders, but there are still myriad bills that have yet to be added to the Wiki. To be honest, it's probably in the dozens at this point. I'll try to get started on it this weekend, but it would be convenient to have somebody whose principal job would be to do that. Creating Wiki articles is a rather time-consuming process. As Emperor, I try to balance being active in the Legislature's discussions with all those little requirements of life, which doesn't leave a lot of time for adding new bills.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2352 on: February 10, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »

Magistrate is an appointed position, & as far as I know Dibble has served as such for 5 1/2 years now. He has expressed no interest in vacating the office & I see no reason to replace him. He doesn't appear that often in Atlasia, but he's always been available when needed. I also just remembered that we changed the name of the office to Judicial Overlord, so that might also be a source of confusion.

We actually voted on an Attorney General in December. Given that the Attorney General has always been a rather invisible figure, I can't blame you for not noticing it, though ChairmanSanchez has communicated to me a desire to make the office more prominent.

I updated the lists of officeholders, but there are still myriad bills that have yet to be added to the Wiki. To be honest, it's probably in the dozens at this point. I'll try to get started on it this weekend, but it would be convenient to have somebody whose principal job would be to do that. Creating Wiki articles is a rather time-consuming process. As Emperor, I try to balance being active in the Legislature's discussions with all those little requirements of life, which doesn't leave a lot of time for adding new bills.
Ah.  In that case its fine though, Sanchez, I sure you want to be in charge of the wiki.  You will actually be required to do work (I'm not trying to imply anything- I don't know who you are- just a warning).

While were on this topic, who is WisconsinGurl?  Oh, and I suppose I out to edit the AG into the most recent bill.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2353 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »

Ah.  In that case its fine though, Sanchez, I sure you want to be in charge of the wiki.  You will actually be required to do work (I'm not trying to imply anything- I don't know who you are- just a warning).

While were on this topic, who is WisconsinGurl?  Oh, and I suppose I out to edit the AG into the most recent bill.

I also warned him about the difficulty in actually gaining access to the Wiki. Tongue

She's a former Senator & Supreme Court justice, so an Atlasian of some stature. Regional Attorney General is, to my knowledge, the first office she has held here in years, though.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2354 on: February 10, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »

I will run for the Northeast senate seat.  If any fellow party members are interested and want to run in my place, PM and I'll withdraw.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2355 on: February 11, 2011, 05:07:27 AM »

Rowan vs Wormyguy...

I couldn't possibly imagine a worst set of candidate. Thanks God I'm not a Northeast citizen anymore.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2356 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:58 AM »

Scratch that. I will be running for the office of Northeast Senator.

Endorsed.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2357 on: February 13, 2011, 03:20:36 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2011, 03:23:41 PM by Jake Matthews for NE Assembly »

I'd like to announce that I am staying in the race for Northeast Assembly and will be running as a write-in for Northeast Senate.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #2358 on: February 13, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »

I am withdrawing my candidacy for Northeast Senate and remaining a candidate for Northeast Assembly.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2359 on: February 14, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »

I'm running for Northeast Senate.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2360 on: February 14, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »

Aren't we passed the deadline?
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2361 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »

That's what I was thinking.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2362 on: February 14, 2011, 09:13:54 PM »

Uh... how would we go about confirming this gentleman?
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2363 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »

I'll try and contact Governor Han.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2364 on: February 14, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »

The election is less than a week away. You can only run as a write-in now.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2365 on: February 14, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »

Or Tmth can answer, that's cool too Cheesy
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2366 on: February 14, 2011, 09:16:48 PM »

Not true. As far as the Dept. of Federal Elections is aware, the deadline is currently 24 hours. Not 7 days.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2367 on: February 14, 2011, 09:19:02 PM »

A challenger appears.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2368 on: February 14, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »

Not true. As far as the Dept. of Federal Elections is aware, the deadline is currently 24 hours. Not 7 days.
I think you're right. I had candidate declarations and registrations mixed around.
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2369 on: February 14, 2011, 09:28:02 PM »

I'm confused, is he eligible to run or not?
Modernity has failed us
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2370 on: February 14, 2011, 10:12:31 PM »

I'm running for Senate as the Populares Party candidate in the Northeast.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2371 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:29 PM »

Yes
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2372 on: February 15, 2011, 01:57:21 AM »

I'd like to announce my candidacy for NE Assembly.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2373 on: February 16, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »

The candidate declaration period for the Febrauary Federal Election expired about 9 1/2 hours ago.

The absentee ballot will appear shortly. (Note that anyone wishing to vote in it must ask for permission in the SoFE thread.)
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #2374 on: February 16, 2011, 09:05:41 PM »

I will be running as a write-in candidate for Lt. Governor of the Northeast.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 ... 146  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies