Kerry refutes swift boat liars
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:52:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kerry refutes swift boat liars
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kerry refutes swift boat liars  (Read 1367 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:26:53 PM »

Someone needs to tell Kerry that the election was 1 1/2 years ago.

Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »

This is obviously him setting up for his next run. I dont blame him for trying to get those little freaking pests off his back early.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »

Uh, it's a little late John.  The election was a year and a half ago.  However, thanks for reporting for duty.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.
Cashcow

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 08:55:51 PM »

Maybe this would have helped before he tanked away his summer lead in the polls! LoLOlOlOLl!
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 09:02:35 PM »

Well I'm glad he finally did it, though as has been said, it's a little late.

I wonder what CarlHayden will have to say about this.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 09:08:07 PM »

I think Kerry has little shot at the presidential nomination...

...but VP?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 01:59:22 AM »

First of all, even in Kerry's own "defense" he admits he never went to Cambodia on Christmans Eve 1968.  He admits he only got to the border.  So he was still lying when he said he was in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, and he was lying when he said that while in Cambodia that Christmas he heard a Richard Nixon speech on the radio claiming we had no people in Cambodia (Not only was Kerry not in Cambodia, but as it turns out, Richard Nixon was not yet President!).  So this "defense" is pretty weak.

The "defense" also ignores accusations that Kerry's hand was injured by a self-inflicted wound (The Swift Boat Vets always said his hand had been injured.  They just said it was a self inflicted wound, meaning Kerry did not qualify for the medal he recieved.)  No effort is made to even address this very serious accusation.  Oh well, they didn't have much time to put this together, so I guess some discrepancies are inevitable.
[/sarcasm]

Issuing this release nearly two years after the Swift Boat ads ran makes Kerry a bit of a joke.  The knock has always been that he was too weak and consultant driven to defend himself, and here we are, with Kerry crossing into self-parody.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 03:39:52 AM »

Still, John Ford, it is rather sad that Bush got elected based on such ridiculous lies, particularly given his own draft-dodging.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 02:02:54 AM »

Still, John Ford, it is rather sad that Bush got elected based on such ridiculous lies, particularly given his own draft-dodging.

I was one of the people on the riight that said there was nothing to it.  I could not figure out why he didn't release his records, however.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 02:31:12 AM »

First of all, even in Kerry's own "defense" he admits he never went to Cambodia on Christmans Eve 1968.  He admits he only got to the border.  So he was still lying when he said he was in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, and he was lying when he said that while in Cambodia that Christmas he heard a Richard Nixon speech on the radio claiming we had no people in Cambodia (Not only was Kerry not in Cambodia, but as it turns out, Richard Nixon was not yet President!).  So this "defense" is pretty weak.

The "defense" also ignores accusations that Kerry's hand was injured by a self-inflicted wound (The Swift Boat Vets always said his hand had been injured.  They just said it was a self inflicted wound, meaning Kerry did not qualify for the medal he recieved.)  No effort is made to even address this very serious accusation.  Oh well, they didn't have much time to put this together, so I guess some discrepancies are inevitable.
[/sarcasm]

Issuing this release nearly two years after the Swift Boat ads ran makes Kerry a bit of a joke.  The knock has always been that he was too weak and consultant driven to defend himself, and here we are, with Kerry crossing into self-parody.

Stop getting into the actual details of the case as if that actually mattered. Everyone knows the Swift Boat Veterans incident was only about discrediting Kerry in the Red States. I find it hard to believe you're interested in South Asian geography of 1968. Its nearly 2 years later, he lost and you're still bashing the guy, maybe Republicans could show a little class for once.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 05:12:06 PM »

IIRC, something similar was launched against McCain in the South Carolina Primary in 2000, about him fathering an illegitimate african american child.
Republican Michigander

Political Matrix
E: 5.81, S: -2.26

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 06:14:24 PM »

Kerry already discredited himself by his LIES in his senate speech in 1971 calling American soldiers war criminals.

Good riddance. I'd vote for Hillary Clinton before I'd vote for Kerry.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 06:56:44 PM »

Kerry already reported for duty and the American electorate said no thanks.

When is this elitist jackass going to get it through his head that no one cares about his 16 wks in Nam?  He was a moron to try and base a campaign around a war that ended 30 years ago especially considering the disgraceful way he acted upon his return home.  You'd have thought he'd want everyone to forget about it but no.  That egotist actually believed and apparently still does, that anyone gives a crap what he did or did not do 35 years ago over a 95 day tour.

No wonder his wife is back to being Heinz again.  Hell, those two deserve each other.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 03:59:55 AM »

[/sarcasm]

Stop getting into the actual details of the case as if that actually mattered. Everyone knows the Swift Boat Veterans incident was only about discrediting Kerry in the Red States. I find it hard to believe you're interested in South Asian geography of 1968. Its nearly 2 years later, he lost and you're still bashing the guy, maybe Republicans could show a little class for once.

So you admit that the "details" (Or as normal people refer to them, facts) are on my side?  And you would prefer I stay away from these "details"?

And I didn't bash the guy until he made this an issue again by releasing these records.  Everyone else had let it go by now.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »

God forbid a man who has been attacked by what was proven to be a poorly disguised GOP smear team should defend himself.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

Honestly, I can't tell what's being shown in those photos, and really, it doesn't matter.  Could he have been injured enough for a purple heart?  Could he have actually killed a VC after beaching his craft?  It doesn't really matter.  What does matter is what he said during the Congressional hearings, and that will follow him to his grave.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38:17 AM »

Wakie, he's free to defend himself all he wants.  The point is that no one gives a sh** and he's too eaten up with himself to realize that.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 10:45:22 AM »

Honestly, I can't tell what's being shown in those photos, and really, it doesn't matter.  Could he have been injured enough for a purple heart?  Could he have actually killed a VC after beaching his craft?  It doesn't really matter.  What does matter is what he said during the Congressional hearings, and that will follow him to his grave.

I agree that he was totally wrong in repeating what turned out to be lies that others told him.  Just as Colin Powell was wrong in repeating lies to the UN which were told to him.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 10:50:04 AM »

Wakie, he's free to defend himself all he wants.  The point is that no one gives a sh** and he's too eaten up with himself to realize that.

Well clearly you give a sh** otherwise why do you waste your time commenting about it?  The reality is that most of us, if in the same situation, would have done the same thing.

The sad truth is that when the Bush team drew Kerry's military record into question they also drew into question the military record of every soldier who served in Vietnam.  If Kerry's record is inaccurate then how can we know that ANY Vietnam Vet's record is accurate?
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »

First of all, Kerry drew into question his OWN military record when he tried to make that the centerpiece of his campaign.  Very stupid particularly considering the remarks he had made when he testified before the congressional committees.  Talk about "bringing into question the military record of every soldier who served in Vietnam".  Haha.  I'd say he did just that when he opened his mouth about cutting off ears, leveling villages, Ghengis Khan etc.  Those remarks didn't call into question the records of any soldiers who seved in Nam, now did they.  Naw, nothing like that.  You gotta be kidding me.

Like I said, he can defend himself all he wants.  It doesn't matter.  He's finished, done.  Bye bye Senator Kerry. 
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »

You can argue whether Kerry would make a good or bad President.  What you cannot dispute is that according to the US Military John Kerry was an excellent soldier.  Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (which later became Swift Boat Veterans Against Social Security) attacked the official US Military records (and thereby attacked the validity of every combat decoration awarded in the Vietnam Conflict).

As for Kerry's comments to the Senate ... well, yeah I guess it was foolish of him to repeat some lies which others told him.  But as I said earlier, it was foolish of Colin Powell to repeat lies told to him.  But sometimes you just make mistakes.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 01:15:43 PM »

As for Kerry's comments to the Senate ... well, yeah I guess it was foolish of him to repeat some lies which others told him.  But as I said earlier, it was foolish of Colin Powell to repeat lies told to him.  But sometimes you just make mistakes.

You know noone is going to bite on that, right?  Smiley
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2006, 03:32:03 AM »

[/sarcasm]

So you admit that the "details" (Or as normal people refer to them, facts) are on my side?  And you would prefer I stay away from these "details"?

And I didn't bash the guy until he made this an issue again by releasing these records.  Everyone else had let it go by now.

No, I don't really know about the details and my point was that I don't care about them, neither did the Swift Boat veterans. Who cares how long the  Mekong River is or who was stationed in Da Nang on such and such a date.

As far as making it an issue goes, I can't control what John Kerry says, we've never met, Roll Eyes, but the anger and hatred towards him even after he lost makes me want to defend him, even if I think its strange to bring this case up to public scrutiny again.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies