Spitzer/Suozzi debate tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:10:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Spitzer/Suozzi debate tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spitzer/Suozzi debate tonight  (Read 1534 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 25, 2006, 11:53:44 AM »

link

It's on at 7:00 from some college in Manhattan.  My question is, why is Spitzer bothering to debate Suozzi with such a massive lead?
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 07:29:10 PM »

link

It's on at 7:00 from some college in Manhattan.  My question is, why is Spitzer bothering to debate Suozzi with such a massive lead?

He doesn't want to ignore Suozzi because it could rally his supporters.  he wants to befriend Suozzi supporters so they don't abandon him and try and start and third party candidacy.  The numbers of a candidate can fall fast, so he doesn't want negative press really.  Plus, he probably want to win every county, which he might be able to do.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:37:10 PM »

So apparently Suozzi revealed his plans to run for President in the debate. Good job!
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:52:47 PM »

So apparently Suozzi revealed his plans to run for President in the debate. Good job!

He did? HAHAHAHA.  Wow that guy is full of himself.  Why is he challenging Spitzer anyway?  That goes over real well with the party bosses.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:14:11 PM »

He did? HAHAHAHA.  Wow that guy is full of himself.  Why is he challenging Spitzer anyway?  That goes over real well with the party bosses.

he has done an amazing job as County executive cleaning up the mess Gullotata & his GOP cronies left the county in.  However, he never should have run for this race.  We have a strong candidate in Dave Mejias now anyway, but what Suozzi really should  have done is went after King's seat in Congress.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 04:14:06 AM »

I was so happy when Suozzi was elected in 2001. But he made a big mistake in running against Spitzer. I get the feeling he thought the Peter King house race was "beneath" someone of his stature.

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 05:16:28 PM »

I was so happy when Suozzi was elected in 2001. But he made a big mistake in running against Spitzer. I get the feeling he thought the Peter King house race was "beneath" someone of his stature.

I agree.  Suozzi has done an amazing job of CE & actually would make a good Govenor & good Gubneatorial candidate in any other year.  he is a bit too arrogant though, and I agree I felt he thought it was beneath him t go from an Executive for over 1.3 million people to a legislator for 640,000 people.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies