June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June 6th Primaries: NM, MS, CA, IA, AL, NJ, MT, SD  (Read 8848 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: May 28, 2006, 12:31:48 PM »

June 6th is a big day for state primaries. Races to watch:

New Mexico:
GOP Gubernatorial Primary (Damron vs. Bailey)
GOP Senatorial Primary (Carraro vs. Pfeffer)
Take both off watchlist since none of them'll stand a chance in the general.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Take off watchlist since whoever wins won't stand a chance in the general, and IIRC the primary too is a foregone conclusion.

Watch. Intently.
Don't know.
Watch. Intently.

Don't know.
Watch. Intently.

Watch. Although I guess either'll lose.
Watch; although Riley'll win, Moore's numbers (and their distribution) will be interesting.

Watch. Intently.

Watch. Intently.

Watch, although either'll lose.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:15:30 AM »

New Mexico:
GOP Gubernatorial Primary (Damron vs. Bailey)
GOP Senatorial Primary (Carraro vs. Pfeffer)
Take both off watchlist since none of them'll stand a chance in the general.
Absoutely. All the excitement in these races ends the second the primary winner is declared. It's like the 1984 Democratic or 1996 Republican Presidential primaries. Smiley

NM

The primary to watch here is the Dem primaries for statewide office.  The AG primary, in particular, should be interesting with Gubernatorial scion and '04 NM-02 Congressional nominee Gary King facing off against Geno Zamora an ex-aide to Gov. Richardson.  King had an early advantage because of name ID but I expect Zamora to win.

There are also contested Democratic primaries for secretary of state, auditor and land comissioner.  I expect Democrats are favored in all of these races in November.

Yup. And don't forget about Lemuel Martinez in the AG race. Wink
I like that name. I've always thought it sounds cool when Spaniards or Frenchmen have Old Testament names - don't know why actually.
It's so low-key that everyone just votes their party affiliation?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 01:26:56 PM »

I like that name. I've always thought it sounds cool when Spaniards or Frenchmen have Old Testament names - don't know why actually.
Agreed Kiki and Lemuel has done a good job as District Attorney for the Thirteenth Judicial District. Pity he's almost certainly not going to win, but NM Dems have been consistently electing people I don't like in primaries for quite some time Tongue
Per information I received from a very reliable source...Lemuel actually doesn't do anything involving legal actions, and has his staff do all the work. So now I'm rooting for Gary King to win this one...
So? He's good at delegating work. (shrugs) If the office of District Attorney has done a good job, he has done a good job.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

Agreed Kiki and Lemuel has done a good job as District Attorney for the Thirteenth Judicial District. Pity he's almost certainly not going to win, but NM Dems have been consistently electing people I don't like in primaries for quite some time Tongue
Per information I received from a very reliable source...Lemuel actually doesn't do anything involving legal actions, and has his staff do all the work. So now I'm rooting for Gary King to win this one...
So? He's good at delegating work. (shrugs) If the office of District Attorney has done a good job, he has done a good job.
Trust me, this comes from a very good source - Lemuel is basically a do-nothing politician with no legal experience or knowledge. Tongue
Okay... either the people working in that office are such a good team that it doesn't matter who their elected figurehead is, or your initial impression "that he has been doing a good job" was completely misguided - and I mean completely... or your normally very good source has a reason not to be honest with you on this one. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

BTW, good to see Riley beat Moore. Smiley

Now, since no one else said anything, here's NM Wink
That's your job.
And that's their job. Grin
What's so bad about her?
Unless his opponent was from the area as well... that is pretty astonishing.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 03:27:19 AM »

Not that I'm aware of...there's only so many times he can get undermined by the South Valley Democratic machine before he decides to stop running. Wink He might try again in 2 years, but I don't know for certain.

And I forgot about this gem:
Democrats, Bernalillo County:
County Sheriff:
Jose E. Chavez - 59.22%
Geraldine Amato - 40.78%

Why is this a gem? Read this. As a Democrat in my office said...it's frightening that someone like Geraldine Amato got 40% of the primary vote. Grin

Okay. Based on this I change my opinion. Bandit could get nominated in Eastern Kentucky.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies