State of Fear is brilliant (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  State of Fear is brilliant (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: State of Fear is brilliant  (Read 8842 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: June 03, 2006, 02:49:27 AM »

Well, I hope John as well as others realize I'm no fan of enviro-fear mongerers.  I dismiss a lot of what is said since we really don't have much of a basis for what's being said.  However one thing has to be asked.  Although I don't believe human activity has done much wrong for the environment (as least in comparrison to which most say).  One observation needs to be challenged in order to dismiss human interaction in global warming.  Since the Earth's formation there have been many ice ages.  The larger deal of time was made of of 90% ice age, 10% warmth (like we have now).  The warmer periods where the earth isn't mostly glacially covered last around 10,000 years.  Right now, we're over due for another ice age-but there's not one currently happening.  Now it may be just a loose corelation, but human development has been incredibly high over the past 10,000 years, primarily with the agricultural revolution.  The revolution has led to a significant change in the carbon cycle-which thus is assumed to be the cause of the warmer Earth now (as we are due for an ice age now).  I'm pretty convinced that this is the case-because of farming (and of course other factors by human presence) the Earth has not cooled off and receeded to ice age.  Can you or the book refute this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies