When will Santorum be ahead in the polls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:42:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  When will Santorum be ahead in the polls?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: When will Santorum be ahead in the polls?  (Read 3874 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2006, 10:48:47 PM »

You did predict a Santorum before:

Yes, Casey will win as long as he doesn't rest on his laurels, especially now that Santorum seems to be gaining momentum

I actually think Casey is more in tune with PA as a whole, economically and socially, which is why he'll pull it off. Santorum would see off a stock liberal without too much difficulty

Dave

Casey has no laurels to rest on.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Santorum may not be the best campaigner since Truman, but he is an excellent campaigner.

Casey, on the other hand, main campaign is "I'm Bob Casey's son."  That won't be enough.  Santorum in a squeaker.

Hey, I have to give it to Casey; he ran an aggressive campaign and hit really well.  If it hadn't been for his ad, I would still be a leaner, not a definite, for Santorum.

Casey began launching a good assault in mid to late September.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2006, 06:43:24 AM »

He won't. Santorum is political lunchmeat.
cp
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2006, 01:21:05 AM »

At this point Santorum is toast. He lost the race long ago, too. I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's something of a grassroots online campaign against him that started in 2003(4?) after his comments about the Lawrence v. Texas case.

Dan Savage, who publishes a sex-advice column, ran a contest to name something unpleasant after Santorum. They voted for a pretty raunchy winner. Just google 'Santorum' and it's the first link that appears. 

I think it goes to show that while politicians can get away with asinine comments 99% of the time, every once in a while it sticks.

Good luck, Sen. Casey!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies