Just Got Finished Watching Russ Feingold on C-SPAN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:33:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Just Got Finished Watching Russ Feingold on C-SPAN
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just Got Finished Watching Russ Feingold on C-SPAN  (Read 2493 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2006, 09:05:18 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2006, 09:12:45 PM by Supersoulty »

And in the close of his speech, he started talking about our freedoms and equated it to his daughter.

Apparently, his daughter was in London, on the subway just before the bombings.  She called to sat she was alright, and asked if she should come home.

And Russ Feingold said "No, honey, I don't want these terrorists to stop you from having the expirience of your life"..............

Who in the Hell says that to their own daughter?  That reminds me of Dukakis and Willie Horton.  I would be too scared/releaved to give some sorta policy wonk answer to MY OWN DAUGHTER.

WTF?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 09:41:36 PM »

Hmmm... by contrast, I am now watching Mark Warner, and am fairly impressed.  He could use a little polish, but other than that.  I like his message, I am personally impressed.  I could acctually vote for this guy.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 09:44:02 PM »

I could acctually vote for this guy.

I feel the same way except he's beginning to turn into a big hack for obvious reasons and it will only get worse.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:20:21 AM »

I too just watched Road to the White House. I don't think Feingold has a chance to win the nomination or general. He'd be a good VP. Warners speech was similar to his previous ones, good delivery, needs to be polished up alittle. I did see our DMW guys on CSPAN though!
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 07:18:47 AM »

i watched that program too.

one candidate sounded and looked at least somewhat presidential.  the other candidate sounded like he was introducing phil donahue at the kenosha county nader for president rally.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:02 AM »

one candidate sounded and looked at least somewhat presidential.  the other candidate sounded like he was introducing phil donahue at the kenosha county nader for president rally.

Can I assume Warner was the former?
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 10:35:13 AM »

Can I assume Warner was the former?

of course.

feingold is a decent man.  but sometimes, ok most times, he just goes over the top.  he isnt the type of personality on want to see in the oval office.  actually, i dont even like seeing him in the senate.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 02:28:36 PM »

For who! Warner would throw away all his moderate cred if he picked Feingold and its hardly as though Hillary would pick him, nor would Bayh, Kerry, Biden or anyone else I can think of that stands even a remote chance at the nomination... he'd do nothing other than cement the Liberal base, and do the Democrats really need to worry about that?   
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 02:38:55 PM »

For who! Warner would throw away all his moderate cred if he picked Feingold and its hardly as though Hillary would pick him, nor would Bayh, Kerry, Biden or anyone else I can think of that stands even a remote chance at the nomination... he'd do nothing other than cement the Liberal base, and do the Democrats really need to worry about that?   

Considering that every candidate the Democrats have run since 92' have been moderates, in particularly pro-war moderates, I would say they need to do something to keep the leftist base in tact. Feingold is eccentric, I think (a lot like Ross Perot), that people like this about him and would like to see him flaunt a little personality.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 02:57:35 PM »

Considering that every candidate the Democrats have run since 92' have been moderates, in particularly pro-war moderates, I would say they need to do something to keep the leftist base in tact. Feingold is eccentric, I think (a lot like Ross Perot), that people like this about him and would like to see him flaunt a little personality.

John Kerry is a moderate?
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 02:58:53 PM »

John Kerry is a moderate?

Technically yes, but considering that he changed his mind every other week it's hard to gauge.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 03:00:59 PM »

Wow.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 03:23:44 PM »

http://politicalcompass.jpagel.net/uselection.php

Just look at where Kerry's dot is.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 03:30:05 PM »

That doesn't mean anything. That political compass is one of the most screwed up things I have ever seen and it shows that the makers of the political compass are complete idiots. I wouldn't put any faith in it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

That doesn't mean anything. That political compass is one of the most screwed up things I have ever seen and it shows that the makers of the political compass are complete idiots. I wouldn't put any faith in it.

At least they never put Stalin in the liberal corner.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »

Honestly, a test that gears towards American political ideology shouldn't include authoritarians, they just don't fit in the model.  While the communists under Stalin were certainly authortarian politically, stripping democratic rights, as far as negative liberties they pretty left the people alone.  Restrictions on people's person lives, other than those necessary to preserve the power of the party itself (which were extensive, granted), were extremely light.  Communism socially, in fact, can almost be said to be uber political correctness.  If you look at the ideals of modern communism (I'm not talking about Marx, but modern parties and secret movements) they always have the goal of making society more secular and less moral.  Because, a breakdown of notions of right and wrong is the only situation in which communism can suceed in the long term.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 08:06:19 PM »

I removed him, publicly apologized, replaced him with exactly those who BRTD suggested should be there, and admitted that he never should have been there and that it was dumb thing to do.  What exactly more do you want me to do?  Turn back time?

Seriously, what is it with you and never, ever letting things go?  You never do.  Once you decide that something was wrong, you bring it up over and over and over every chance you get.  It's getting ridiculous, and it's not just this.  The person who designed that chart - me - would have been millimeters away from Stalin were he still there.  It's not as if I put him there as a hidden statement.  I'm in the exact same quadrant as he was.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:39 PM »

I agree with Vlad. Kerry the Senator is a liberal. However as a Presidential candidate I exclude his previous voting record, and he ran as a moderate (only counting what he did from January 2003 to 11-2-2004). You can't take something Kerry did in 1989 and say it was part of his '04 campaign.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 03:32:48 PM »

I agree with Vlad. Kerry the Senator is a liberal. However as a Presidential candidate I exclude his previous voting record, and he ran as a moderate (only counting what he did from January 2003 to 11-2-2004). You can't take something Kerry did in 1989 and say it was part of his '04 campaign.

I'm talking about John Kerry himself, not John Kerry the guy who covered up his beliefs.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies