Vladimir Putin v. Vladimir Lenin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:34:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Vladimir Putin v. Vladimir Lenin
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Vote
Putin

Lenin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Vladimir Putin v. Vladimir Lenin  (Read 5553 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:24:03 PM »

Vote
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 02:29:04 PM »

I don't want to vote for either of them but I'd choose Putin.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 02:40:15 PM »

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »

I don't want to vote for either of them but I'd choose
...just for sentimental reasons though. Wink

Also, wi Captain Vlad.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 03:02:48 PM »

Putin
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:04:28 PM »

Lenin had that imposing facial hair...but I'd probably vote for Putin.

Also, wi Captain Vlad.

Huh
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »

Also, wi Captain Vlad.

Huh
wi was short for "write-in vote for".
Does that end yr confusion? Wink
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 03:15:23 PM »

Also, wi Captain Vlad.

Huh
wi was short for "write-in vote for".
Does that end yr confusion? Wink
Haha, Yes it does. "ty"
Jacobtm

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2006, 05:17:04 AM »

Lenin.

Putin is just a bastard. I'd love to see what Lenin would do in a country with a modern economy.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 06:26:44 AM »

Putin sucks.  Lenin was alright.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 12:09:13 PM »

Lenin.  But only if I can show him the history of the last 100 years.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »

Someone who was both a Freedom Fighter and a Horrible Person vs. a Horrible Person. I'll go with Lenin.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2006, 02:08:55 PM »

Ya know something I find funny.

A lot of anti-war people who renounce violence and preach peace and love etc...love people like Che and Lenin. Yet when you tell them that these people engaged in the same kind of sadistic violence they protest against, it's as if it does matter at all.

Either way, Lenin brought communism into the mainstream world. Had he not, then a lot of countries wouldn't have had to experience the failures of it. Also, he is to blame for Josef Stalin...had he not taken control of the country via his party, then Stalin wouldn't have had a chance to grab control after Lenin's death. So in a round about way, Lenin is equally responsible for the deaths of millions as is Stalin.

Putin on the other hand is just a sh**tty economist.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2006, 02:14:31 PM »

A lot of anti-war people who renounce violence and preach peace and love etc...love people like Che and Lenin. Yet when you tell them that these people engaged in the same kind of sadistic violence they protest against, it's as if it does matter at all.

Either way, Lenin brought communism into the mainstream world. Had he not, then a lot of countries wouldn't have had to experience the failures of it. Also, he is to blame for Josef Stalin...had he not taken control of the country via his party, then Stalin wouldn't have had a chance to grab control after Lenin's death. So in a round about way, Lenin is equally responsible for the deaths of millions as is Stalin.

Lenin hated Stalin.  He knew Stalin would create a huge bureaucracy and just exploit Marxism for power.  Lenin wrote a letter to the politburo in 1924 shortly before his death to urge that Stalin be removed from any position of power, but when Lenin died, Stalin censored all of Lenin's later writings.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 02:20:49 PM »

Lenin hated Stalin.  He knew Stalin would create a huge bureaucracy and just exploit Marxism for power.  Lenin wrote a letter to the politburo in 1924 shortly before his death to urge that Stalin be removed from any position of power, but when Lenin died, Stalin censored all of Lenin's later writings.

He never said that wasn't true, he's just saying that if he never came into power Stalin wouldn't have either.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2006, 02:22:38 PM »

He never said that wasn't true, he's just saying that if he never came into power Stalin wouldn't have either.

And that's not Lenin's fault.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »

And that's not Lenin's fault.

As Jedi said, I never denied this. However, had Lenin and Trotsky been defeated in the Revolution...Stalin would have had the power to censor writings and take control of anything. Lenin and Trotskys violence in the end did nothing more than give Stalin a pathway to power.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »

Putin=Freedom Fighter
Jacobtm

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:36:28 PM »

The U.S. wouldn't exist as it does now if it weren't for the inital genocide of the native people, and later the agressive imperialism that allowed us to take this much land from Mexico by force:

Nearly every American president aided in the genocide of the natives until there were next to none left to be killed. Nearly every American president has signed off on military action that killed thousands of innocents needlessly.

Realistically, it's not that different than anything Soviet leaders did; we just did it more effectively than they did.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 08:33:29 PM »

Bush looked into Putin's eyes and saw that he had a good soul, so I guess I have to vote for him.
jerusalemcar5
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »

MAP TIME:

Lenin:317 (50.08%)
Putin:221 (49.92%)

Putin scares the "wild + crazy voters" (think Las Vegas) as well as the "ACLU voters" (think New Hampshire) into voting for Lenin seeing as Putin is famous for scary crackdowns and denying freedoms.  Lenin scares the capitalist and conservative voters into voting for Putin because of Lenin's strong support of Communism.

Close states:Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Montana, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Oregon, Alaska.

Comments?
Max

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2006, 12:48:47 PM »

I vote Putin, and Lenin wouldn't win a single state in an US presidential election.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »

Realistically, it's not that different than anything Soviet leaders did; we just did it more effectively than they did.

The problem with that argument is that we did it before humans evolved to understand human rights. During the time we were still locked in a primitive state of human mind that told us slavery was acceptable and that women were an inferior breed of human being; we didn’t know much better. The soviets on the other hand did their dirty deeds in the mid-1930s and 40s, post-evolution. They knew what they were doing, they just didn’t care. They were exterminating their citizens on the basis of paranoia.

Either way, this still doesn’t change the fact that people who where those stupid Che shirts while preaching an anti-war message are hypocrits of the most uninformed nature.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2006, 11:20:59 PM »

Lenin all day long.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies