Ann Coulter Blasts 9/11 Widows
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:52:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ann Coulter Blasts 9/11 Widows
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Ann Coulter Blasts 9/11 Widows  (Read 6256 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2006, 09:47:58 PM »

This thread is about Ann Coulter, not Denny Farrell, but nice distraction Dazzleman. When Denny Farrell gets on the NYTimes book list and a Matt Lauer interview, we can make a thread about him?

I'm still curious what you think about Coulter.

So it's a distraction to point out that there are people on the other side who are as nasty as Coulter?

Notice I didn't really defend what Coulter said; I simply said that I don't really see her as any worse than much of what passes for mainstream discourse on the left.

I think honestly that Coulter is a discredit to conservatives at this point.  I read one of her books.  She practically called Harry Truman a communist sympathizer (since he didn't, in her opinion, prosecute the cold war vigorously enough).  She overstates her case significantly, particularly when talking about past historical figures, such as President Truman and others (she was also highly critical of some Republican presidents who were insufficiently bellicose in her opinion).

I don't think she really believes much of what she says.  She says things for effect, sometimes even to be funny.  I see her mouth curl up into a little smile after she makes a particularly provocative comment.  Still, I think there is some truth in her perception of the motives of some of the people on the contemporary left.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2006, 09:54:23 PM »

I'm sure you know we're discussing Coulter because Coulter is the one who gets all this exposure in the mainstream media.

Thanks for expressing your views, though. However I'd have to say that if she says things for effect (NOT to be funny, or a lot of people have a ed up sense of humor) it's because there are going to be thousands of far right-wingers out there who listen to her most radical pronouncements and gobble them up, seeing "truth in her perception" that Truman was a communist sympathizer, etc (Actually Eisenhower was accused of being a communist too in the 1950s) or that 9/11 widows are "witches" and rush out to buy her book-- because she said that. For every whore there are 100 johns. In this case thousands. That is what is really scary. Not Coulter, but the ones she is pandering too.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2006, 09:54:55 PM »

You also much remember that Coulter is a satirist as well. So she is kind of more prone to make off the cuff remarks which I applaud her for.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2006, 09:56:22 PM »

I'm sure you know we're discussing Coulter because Coulter is the one who gets all this exposure in the mainstream media.

Thanks for expressing your views, though. However I'd have to say that if she says things for effect (NOT to be funny, or a lot of people have a ed up sense of humor) it's because there are going to be thousands of far right-wingers out there who listen to her most radical pronouncements and gobble them up, seeing "truth in her perception" that Truman was a communist sympathizer, etc (Actually Eisenhower was accused of being a communist too in the 1950s) or that 9/11 widows are "witches" and rush out to buy her book-- because she said that. For every whore there are 100 johns. In this case thousands. That is what is really scary. Not Coulter, but the ones she is pandering too.

Hey she admires McCarthy and that is definately one of many redeeming qualities she has!
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2006, 09:57:02 PM »

You also much remember that Coulter is a satirist as well. So she is kind of more prone to make off the cuff remarks which I applaud her for.

That's right, when a Republican says something crazy it's satire.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2006, 09:59:11 PM »

I just find some of the sh**t she spouts most distasteful

Dave
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2006, 10:02:52 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2006, 10:39:33 PM by dazzleman »

My point is that there are many on the opposite side of the political spectrum who are just as bad, or worse.

What about that Ward Churchill guy at the university of Colorado?  In a sense, people like that are more dangerous because the educational establishment is contaminated with people like that who have unrestricted access to a captive audience of impressionable minds.  The only people really listening to Coulter are those who already agree with her, and she has no access to people who don't seek out her views.  So in that sense, she is far less dangerous than the many people on the left that we never read about who quietly use positions of power and influence over captive audiences to spew their venom.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2006, 10:17:21 PM »

That's right, when a Republican says something crazy it's satire.

People on both sides of the spectrum say outrageous things that they probably don't really believe to sell books or to get higher ratings for their television or radio shows. That's what the media is all about, getting ratings, not promoting a political agenda, at least not beyond the promotion of that agenda as a way to make more money. If there is bias, it's as a means to an end of getting ratings.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2006, 10:51:08 PM »

Which woman would be the leftwing fruit to Ann Coulter's nut? It would make some equally nauseating combination

Dave

Man or woman, what difference does it make?

Today, I read that Denny Farrell, the head of the NY State Democratic party, trotted out the old liberal standard against the state's presumed Republican candidate John Faso, saying that he's "far, far right, anti-minority, anti-woman, blah, blah, blah."  It's always the same crap from these people, and then they have the nerve to complain about Ann Coulter.

Their is a difference between attacking another Politican and attacking those who lost loved ones in a terror attack, not only that, but Farrell's comments are close to the criticism of Faso by his former Primary opponent Weld.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2006, 01:39:56 AM »

What I find funny is how she made those comments that the terrorists should have hit the New York Times building...but now that her book is number 2 on their best sellers list, she can't stop bragging.

I say may piss be upong her. If your going to pick up a book, buy Bill Maher's "New Rules". Hilarious stuff.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 02:15:18 AM »

What I find funny is how she made those comments that the terrorists should have hit the New York Times building...but now that her book is number 2 on their best sellers list, she can't stop bragging.

Republicans only pretend to dislike the media. She herself said "We have the media".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »

Which woman would be the leftwing fruit to Ann Coulter's nut? It would make some equally nauseating combination

Dave

Man or woman, what difference does it make?

Today, I read that Denny Farrell, the head of the NY State Democratic party, trotted out the old liberal standard against the state's presumed Republican candidate John Faso, saying that he's "far, far right, anti-minority, anti-woman, blah, blah, blah."  It's always the same crap from these people, and then they have the nerve to complain about Ann Coulter.

Their is a difference between attacking another Politican and attacking those who lost loved ones in a terror attack, not only that, but Farrell's comments are close to the criticism of Faso by his former Primary opponent Weld.

Oh, I see how it is! If someone loses a loved one and they make rude or partisan attacks they are somehow "immune" from criticism. That is exactly what Ms Coulter is talking about and she is absolutely correct. If you want to play in the game of politics you better be prepared for whatever may come your way. If you don't want to be attacked then I suggest you keep your political views out of the media and to yourself.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:26 AM »

Oh, I see how it is! If someone loses a loved one and they make rude or partisan attacks they are somehow "immune" from criticism. That is exactly what Ms Coulter is talking about and she is absolutely correct. If you want to play in the game of politics you better be prepared for whatever may come your way. If you don't want to be attacked then I suggest you keep your political views out of the media and to yourself.

When someone insinuates that John Faso enjoyed the death of a loved one, let me know.  Otherwise, the two situations are absolutely not comparable.  It's not the criticism of the widows' political stances that I object to (not that Ann Coulter has even bothered to address these, which would make it at least slightly legitimate politics); it's the blatant disrespect and slander of their feelings towards their husbands.  Given that Ann Coulter lost absolutely no one on 9/11, I find the arrogance staggering that she displays in her decision that she has the authority to declare what widows of 9/11 victims are "really" feeling.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2006, 07:21:14 AM »

When someone insinuates that John Faso enjoyed the death of a loved one, let me know.  Otherwise, the two situations are absolutely not comparable.  It's not the criticism of the widows' political stances that I object to (not that Ann Coulter has even bothered to address these, which would make it at least slightly legitimate politics); it's the blatant disrespect and slander of their feelings towards their husbands.  Given that Ann Coulter lost absolutely no one on 9/11, I find the arrogance staggering that she displays in her decision that she has the authority to declare what widows of 9/11 victims are "really" feeling.

Their actions speak louder then words.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2006, 07:30:26 AM »

Their main goal is, as they declared, to bring about "changes in how the government guards against future attacks".  I am really quite curious how this translates into taking delight in their husbands' death, and even if it did, how that has anything to do with anything.

When someone has a political stance that you disagree with, the rational thing to do is to display what is wrong with the stance.  The Ann Coulter thing to do is to call their loyalty and love for their husbands into question while completely ignoring what they have to say, and it's the defense of stuff like this that tempts me to just flat-out abandon politics.  It is, quite frankly, unbelievable.
Jacobtm

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2006, 08:45:09 AM »

No one else seems to understand that Ann Coulter is the simply one of the best satirists the world has ever known.

Really, it's surprising to me. When you say the things she does, it's quite obvious you don't actually believe them. She's just making fun of right-wing nutjobs and they don't even know it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2006, 09:46:16 AM »

Their main goal is, as they declared, to bring about "changes in how the government guards against future attacks".  I am really quite curious how this translates into taking delight in their husbands' death, and even if it did, how that has anything to do with anything.

When someone has a political stance that you disagree with, the rational thing to do is to display what is wrong with the stance.  The Ann Coulter thing to do is to call their loyalty and love for their husbands into question while completely ignoring what they have to say, and it's the defense of stuff like this that tempts me to just flat-out abandon politics.  It is, quite frankly, unbelievable.

Well we don't know what else their stances are as the left wing media has only been talking about what Coulter says. If you listen to HER as to why she said what she said then it makes sense.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2006, 09:47:58 AM »

Its a shame ann coulter wasn't in the WTC on 9/11. Alot of irritation would have been avoided.
nlm
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2006, 12:43:47 PM »

Some people are just too damn lacking in integrity to waste time on, Coulter is one of those people. As long as the left wing dances around with outrage for her every time she makes some impossibly dim witted comment, she will keep at it, and the media will keep covering her, and dolts that follow her every word will keep jumping for joy each time she gets under old lefties skin. She plays on the dim witted, let her become as irrelevent as she deserves to be by not responding to her inanity, or that of her less than clever followers, other than to note that she is completely inane.

It's a shame there is a market for such ignorant bile as Coulter has to sell. I suppose there always has been, and there always will be a market for it.

I will give Coulter a bit of credit though. She has the far left and the far right figured out well enough to make some good cashola off of them. A faction of pea brains on the far right will spend money and/or time just to watch the far left squirm and be outraged. Coulture grabs up that demographic of pin heads by knowing how to make the left squirm - and thus the cycle continues and Coulter gets nice pay checks. That makes me wonder...while I know Coulters followers are a group of pin heads, it would seem that the folks on the far left that dance around for her on command are as well.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2006, 12:50:50 PM »

Some people are just too damn lacking in integrity to waste time on, Coulter is one of those people. As long as the left wing dances around with outrage for her every time she makes some impossibly dim witted comment, she will keep at it, and the media will keep covering her, and dolts that follow her every word will keep jumping for joy each time she gets under old lefties skin. She plays on the dim witted, let her become as irrelevent as she deserves to be by not responding to her inanity, or that of her less than clever followers, other than to note that she is completely inane.

It's a shame there is a market for such ignorant bile as Coulter has to sell. I suppose there always has been, and there always will be a market for it.

I will give Coulter a bit of credit though. She has the far left and the far right figured out well enough to make some good cashola off of them. A faction of pea brains on the far right will spend money and/or time just to watch the far left squirm and be outraged. Coulture grabs up that demographic of pin heads by knowing how to make the left squirm - and thus the cycle continues and Coulter gets nice pay checks. That makes me wonder...while I know Coulters followers are a group of pin heads, it would seem that the folks on the far left that dance around for her on command are as well.

I'm sure a leftwinger like you wouldn't dare say a damn thing about Michael Moore or Al Franken who do the exact same things as Coulter.
nlm
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2006, 01:05:32 PM »

I'm sure a leftwinger like you wouldn't dare say a damn thing about Michael Moore or Al Franken who do the exact same things as Coulter.

Ah yes. The ever clever defense of a Coulter follower. I don't believe I've ever expressed my opinions of any other media figure here? That would make your simplton assessment of the same order of inanity as one might expect from Coulter herself.

Given that this thread was about Coulter, I though I might address Coulter, not some other media idiot - I can see that simple logic escapes you. I suppose that should be expected from a Coulter follower as well.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:13 PM »

Ah yes. The ever clever defense of a Coulter follower. I don't believe I've ever expressed my opinions of any other media figure here? That would make your simplton assessment of the same order of inanity as one might expect from Coulter herself.

Given that this thread was about Coulter, I though I might address Coulter, not some other media idiot - I can see that simple logic escapes you. I suppose that should be expected from a Coulter follower as well.

So if this thread is about Coulter we can't discuss anyone else? Why not? Because you don't want the truth to come out? And I see you just want to be insulting like normal..so I'll just say "Fcuk off" and be done with it!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2006, 01:13:07 PM »

See, that's why I just ingore the lot of them.  Bomb throwers usually only represent a small segment of either side, yet get the most attention because of the controversy they create.  "Reality" lies between the two sides.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2006, 01:14:32 PM »

What did the widows do to spark those comments from her?

They spoke out against the administration. In other words, they said stuff that Ann Coulter didn't like so she threw a whiny hiss fit about how the media is so biased and how everyone hates conservatives.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »

See, that's why I just ingore the lot of them.  Bomb throwers usually only represent a small segment of either side, yet get the most attention because of the controversy they create.  "Reality" lies between the two sides.

You must remember that NLM is a snob who thinks he's better then about 3/4 of the people on the board here. He's kind of like James42 but hey, what can you expect from a leftwinger? It's best to just treat NLM like skybridge and be done with it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies