Interesting dialogue going on between liberals and libertarians (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:11:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Interesting dialogue going on between liberals and libertarians (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Interesting dialogue going on between liberals and libertarians  (Read 7214 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« on: June 19, 2006, 12:02:56 AM »

I strongly agree with the idea that freedom from undue corporate influence is just as important, if not more important, than freedom from undue government influence.

Politics is often a debate not about more freedom or less freedom for the population as a whole, but which person's or group of people's freedom is more important or deserving of more attention than another's. It is often more about which freedoms are more important and which less important rather than about the aggregate amount of freedom.

I don't really think it's possible to create freedom for one person or group without reducing it for another. However, I think that liberalism increases freedom for the vast majority of people at the expense of a very few, and even those who have less freedom under this system still see the benefit of greater economic growth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies