Edwards / Warner vs. Allen / Romney
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:20:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Edwards / Warner vs. Allen / Romney
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for? / Who would win?
Edwards / Edwards

Edwards / Allen

Allen / Edwards

Allen / Allen

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Edwards / Warner vs. Allen / Romney  (Read 3600 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 07:13:19 PM »

That still doesn't work.  You can't use "the people I talk to don't like him" as an argument.

If I can't, than why can any pollsters? What makes my data so much more invalid.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I doubt that. Kerry lost because he couldn't make up his mind, I would be willing to bet that a Wes Clark or a Richard Gephardt could have been able to trump Bush. Granted, Bush's approval rating was higher than normal during the election...but Kerry had plenty of ammunition that he never got a chance to use. He was far to busy trying to save his ass from the media.

As I said, I understand that it's a very partisan district. However,  let's put it this way. Busby was leading in polls until she made a remark encouraging illegal immigrants to support her campaign. She then floundered and lost the election to an otherwise weak candidate. I am not denying that she did decently (granted with the help of a conservative independent)...the point that I am trying to make is that one dumb comment on immigration killed her campaign....proving that the corruption culture strategy isn't going to overwhelm this issue. It would be dumb for Democratic strategists to suggest that.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 09:25:08 AM »

Good point.  Hell, why can't I perform brain surgery?  What makes me so much less qualified than doctors?

The second point: it's a perception issue so no point in arguing it.  The issue isn't rooted in fact, rather, perception.

Third issue: I can't beat the same points into the ground anymore.  You don't seem to get it so I'm going to leave you on your merry way in your CA50 dreamland.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 07:20:04 PM »

Hell, why can't I perform brain surgery?  What makes me so much less qualified than doctors?

Because they go to Doctor's school, lol. I don't thinkt hey have pollster school, otherwise I might go for awhile.

Likewise sir. Smiley Agree to disagree.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 09:15:19 PM »

Hell, why can't I perform brain surgery?  What makes me so much less qualified than doctors?

Because they go to Doctor's school, lol. I don't thinkt hey have pollster school, otherwise I might go for awhile.

Actually they do.  For the most part, that's what a university poll is.  Polling isn't just going out and talking to people in a random sample.  It's a scientific process and even after days of work and calling and weighting it's still somewhat of a crapshoot.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 09:54:25 PM »

Edwards.
Reignman

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.65

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2006, 08:50:03 PM »

Image Link

Edwards with 278.
ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2006, 11:26:31 PM »

I don't see how an empty suit like Edwards can win after four years out of the spotlight.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies