CT Senate predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:49:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Senate predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Democratic primary? / Will Joe be on the Nov. ballot? / Who wins in Nov. ?
Lamont / No / Lamont

Lamont / No / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lamont

Lamont / Yes / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / GOP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: CT Senate predictions  (Read 10152 times)
Soaring Eagle

« on: June 15, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »

Lamont has momentum right now. I think Lieberman is in almost as much trouble as Chafee. The Iraq war is increasingly unpopular, and in a Democratic state like CT, supporting it would be a big liability. I certainly don't think Lieberman is a DINO, but its what the CT voters think that counts.

If Lamont pulls off the upset, I doubt Lieberman will have enough time to get the signatures he needs to be on the ballot, if he even does decide to try to run as an Independent.

The general election will be closer with Lamont as the Democratic candidate than it would with Lieberman as the nominee, but Lamont would still win comfortably.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

I doubt Lieberman will have enough time to get the signatures he needs to be on the ballot, if he even does decide to try to run as an Independent.

You have to keep in mind that Lieberman isn't/wouldn't be like the typical no chance independent that is seriously going to have problems gathering signatures. I think Lieberman could get 30,000 in a few days because he is well known and well liked.
He would have to start collecting signatures before the primary since the filing deadline for independents is the day after the primary. Collecting signatures before the primary would show that he is afraid he will lose. It might not even be known who won the primary until the next day if it is close enough for Lieberman to lose.
Soaring Eagle

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »

Lets say that lieberman loses the primary and doesn't have enough signatures to get on the ballot as an idependent since those signatures are due the next day.  How successful do you think a write-in campaign would be for lieberman?   I'm betting he could walk away with 35-45% and win the election.  I know a write-in campaign has only won a single U.S. Senate race, but this is a special circumstance. 
He wouldn't win a write-in campaign, but it would make the race significantly closer. Lamont would still win, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies