CT Senate predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Senate predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Democratic primary? / Will Joe be on the Nov. ballot? / Who wins in Nov. ?
Lamont / No / Lamont

Lamont / No / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lamont

Lamont / Yes / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / GOP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: CT Senate predictions  (Read 10106 times)
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 15, 2006, 12:13:54 AM »

Lamont's candidacy is almost entirely far left-wing hype. On primary day, I think he'll turn out to be a big flounder.

Well he is in a left-wing party in a left-wing state.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:25 PM »

I want Lamont to come out of nowhere like tester with a landslide victory. (Morrison almost always led him by huge margins.) That would be hilarious.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:22 PM »

I want Lamont to come out of nowhere like tester with a landslide victory. (Morrison almost always led him by huge margins.) That would be hilarious.

That's not true, the MT primary was always somewhat close.

Wrong. Only the last poll released had it close. Every other poll had Morrison leading by pretty huge margins.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:16:26 PM »

Double LOL!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:57:57 PM »

That's not true, the MT primary was always somewhat close.

Wrong. Only the last poll released had it close. Every other poll had Morrison leading by pretty huge margins.
Only 3 polls were released on that race. One back in January showing Morrison up 19%, another one in April showing Morrison up by 7%, and the last one had him up only by 1%. I wouldn't say those are huge margins.

19% is huge. 7% is pretty big and the 1% one is what I meant by "almost always".
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:59:38 PM »

I think Lieberman goes independent before the primary and squeeks out a win in the general election.

I just really hope he can't get on the ballot for some reason.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »

Why?  I'd have figured you support Lamont.

Supporting Lamont doesn't mean you have to be foolish and actually think he can win.

I can't wait to come on here if Lamont wins. I'm not saying he will but he has a great shot. It will be close.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 05:46:29 PM »

Lets say that lieberman loses the primary and doesn't have enough signatures to get on the ballot as an idependent since those signatures are due the next day.  How successful do you think a write-in campaign would be for lieberman?   I'm betting he could walk away with 35-45% and win the election.  I know a write-in campaign has only won a single U.S. Senate race, but this is a special circumstance. 

Lieberman would not win a write-in campaign... unless maybe the Republicans took their candidate out of the race entirely and effectively endorsed Lieberman. Otherwise I have little doubt Lamont would win that.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 05:17:16 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2006, 10:51:20 PM by Eraserhead »

I really have a feeling most of you are in for a big suprise in this race. I could very well be wrong but we shall see. Also note that Lamont is closing the gap in the general big time according to Rasmussen at least.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 05:38:56 PM »

I'm thinking if lieberman did end up running as an independent, he would still caucus with the dems so it wouldn't change much of anything.  i know a lot of people make him out to be a very conservative democrat and not loyal to the party, but the truth is he votes democrat on a vast majority of bills, and doeesn't cozy up to republicans much at all.  only on occassion does he break with the party. 

Yeah but he also goes on Sean Hannity's show and compares anti-war activists to terrorists.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »

Yeah but he also goes on Sean Hannity's show and compares anti-war activists to terrorists.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Coo-coo. Coo-coo.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies