CT Senate predictions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:39:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CT Senate predictions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins the Democratic primary? / Will Joe be on the Nov. ballot? / Who wins in Nov. ?
Lamont / No / Lamont

Lamont / No / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lamont

Lamont / Yes / GOP

Lamont / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / Lieberman

Lieberman / Yes / GOP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: CT Senate predictions  (Read 10127 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: June 14, 2006, 11:54:35 PM »

Lamont's candidacy is almost entirely far left-wing hype. On primary day, I think he'll turn out to be a big flounder.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 04:44:51 PM »

Lamont's candidacy is almost entirely far left-wing hype. On primary day, I think he'll turn out to be a big flounder.

Well he is in a left-wing party in a left-wing state.

No. He is in a plankless party composed mainly of left-wingers ina prodominatly moderate-state.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:39:28 PM »

I doubt Lieberman will have enough time to get the signatures he needs to be on the ballot, if he even does decide to try to run as an Independent.

You have to keep in mind that Lieberman isn't/wouldn't be like the typical no chance independent that is seriously going to have problems gathering signatures. I think Lieberman could get 30,000 in a few days because he is well known and well liked.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:15:32 AM »

I want Lamont to come out of nowhere like tester with a landslide victory. (Morrison almost always led him by huge margins.) That would be hilarious.

That's not true, the MT primary was always somewhat close.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 03:27:57 PM »

That it will. How much do you want to bet that Lamont supports will whine about voter disenfranchisment and malfunctioning ballots  when Lieberman wins the primary with over 60%? My friend in Connecticut said that civil rights groups and things of that nature were already planning to protest against a Lieberman victory if he wins.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 02:05:54 AM »

Second, Lieberman only has to get 7,500 signatures to be on the ballot as an Indy, not 30,000+.

Very true, I didn't think the requirment was so high. What a lot of people fail to realize about Lieberman in the independent scenario is that he wouldn't be just any old independent candidate. Unlike the average independent candidate Lieberman has an entire brand of Democrat on his side that will be behind him until the end. I would give him 2 days to collect the signatures he needs to make the ballot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies