Austrian Election - October 1, 2006 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Austrian Election - October 1, 2006 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party would you vote for in Austria ?
ÖVP

SPÖ

Greens

FPÖ

BZÖ

HPM

KPÖ

SLP

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Austrian Election - October 1, 2006  (Read 33231 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: July 13, 2006, 11:48:58 AM »

Out of those only 1, 3 and 7 have any chances of happening.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

That is one thing I do not understand about Europe, the lack of life sentences. In the US, NO ONE would ever dare to propose abolishing life sentences, not even staunch death penalty opponents (of which I am one) would never go for that.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 01:11:35 PM »

KPÖ 100
Grüne 70
SPÖ 40
ÖVP 30
BZÖ -45
FPÖ -100    
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:34:59 PM »

Wasn't entirely sure how the weighting thing worked, and wasn't entirely sure what all the questions meant, but...

1. KPÖ
2. Grüne
3. SPÖ
4. ÖVP
5. BZÖ
6. FPÖ    

That's identical to mine.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 10:36:54 AM »

Here's what I said:

1 ) Should the federal voting age be lowered to 16 ? No

2 ) Do you think there should be a limit of 100 mph on parts of Austrian highways ? No

3 ) Should public space (parks, public transport, public buildings) be controlled by video surveillance ? No

4 ) Are you in favor of the liberalisation of shopping hours ? I'm not sure what this means really, but I voted yes

5 ) Are you in favor of the decriminalization of soft drugs like dope and cannabis ? Yes

6 ) Are you in favor of the cancellation of the Eurofighter jets ? Don't know what this means

7 ) Are you in favor of party campaign money getting funded federally only when they have at least 50% women in the parliament club ? No. A lower percentage is a good idea under PR, but requring a female majority is just too high

8 ) Should workers with higher income pay more for the Social Security System ? Yes

9 ) Are you in favor of limitation by law of federal campaign money for parties ? Not sure what the law is

10 ) Should tuition fees for universities by abolished again ? Yes

11 ) Do you favor a EU-membership of Turkey ? No

12 ) Should children with low German speaking skills be tought sperately in own classes ? No

13 ) Should there be tougher federal control of banks ? Not sure since I don't know the current laws

14 ) Are you in favor of a basic income ? I assume this is the mimimum wage, in which case I voted yes

15 ) Should the number of representatives in the Austrian Parliament be lowered ? No

16 ) Should long term unemployed be forced to make some kind of community service ? No

17 ) Are you in favor that the different forms of Austrian schools should be merged into a comprehensive school ? No (I assume this means colleges right?)

18 ) Are you in favor of electronic shackles for criminals who are on parole ? No

19 ) Should the Child Benefit be retained ? Yes

20 ) Should the wearing of visible religious symbols by public servants be allowed ? Yes

21 ) Should art which is polarizing society be funded federally ? Yes

22 ) Should Austria put more money into aid for developing countries? Yes

23 ) Are you in favor that members of unions can be a member of parliament for any party in the future ? Yes

24 ) Are you in favor of deportation of criminal people which do not have Austrian Citizenship and regardless of their time of residence in Austria ? Yes

25 ) Should the federal government fund the rail traffic more than the street traffic ? Yes

26 ) Should the independant Austrian Broadcasting Company be controlled more stricly by the parliament ? Not sure, I dont know how controlled it is already
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 03:15:56 AM »

I hope BZO comes just clsoet to 4% but doesn't go eover. that way they don't get in parliament and lots fo votes get taken away from freedom party and are weasted Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies