Rasmussen: TX Gov - Kinkster pulls into second place!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:52:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Rasmussen: TX Gov - Kinkster pulls into second place!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: TX Gov - Kinkster pulls into second place!  (Read 6074 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2006, 07:09:25 PM »

Kinky's stances on the issues are much closer to the Democratic party than the Republican party.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2006, 01:41:12 AM »

I must admit that I'm surprised.  And I may be re-evaluating my support for Strayhorn.

Stop that!  This is just one poll.  Things will get better when she can put "Grandma" on the ballot Smiley

If you think that some goofy title is going to change the fact that she is a complete dumbass than you are nuts. I mean for Christ's sake, she proposed a government funded 13th and 14th grade during a time when we can hardly afford to fund the first 12. There is a reason that her numbers continue to decline.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2006, 01:55:43 AM »

I know I've read that Kinky has been a Republican, voted Republican, publicly supported Republican candidates until now.

Where did you hear that?  I can find nothing about it anywhere.

Well, Kinky is emphasizing his Republicanness because that's where the votes are, or more importantly that's where the votes that exist for him to have any chance to win are.

Unless one of the candidates is able to break into Perry's 40% coalition of suburban Republicans (the conservative ones, the moderate ones are voting for Strayhorn), rural social conservatives and Hispanics, it's really almost impossible for him or anyone else to win.

It's the correct strategy.  We'll see whether anyone can pull it off or not.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2006, 03:59:03 AM »

Does this mean that for the first time in a Texas race statewide, a Republican will win more hispanic voters than anyone else?  I think George W. Bush got 49% in 1998 and 2004?  But as the vote is splintered will Perry get 35%-40% of their votes?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2006, 01:30:41 PM »

Does this mean that for the first time in a Texas race statewide, a Republican will win more hispanic voters than anyone else?  I think George W. Bush got 49% in 1998 and 2004?  But as the vote is splintered will Perry get 35%-40% of their votes?

Even though it's a subsample (and therefore its MOE is a bit above 5%), the two crosstabs of the recent SUSA Texas polls have shown Perry receiving 45% and 48% of the Hispanic vote respectively, more than the number he is receiving from white voters (40% and 42% respectively).

I think that it is quite possible, if not probable, because of the splintering that Perry gets the greatest number of Hispanic votes.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 08:07:01 PM »

All I can say is that even in Texas those are dreadful numbers for the Democratic Party candidate. Are there no Democrats capable of competing statewide in Texas these days Roll Eyes?

Dave
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »

All I can say is that even in Texas those are dreadful numbers for the Democratic Party candidate. Are there no Democrats capable of competing statewide in Texas these days Roll Eyes?

Dave

Well I mean, he was a one-term congressman that was going to get ousted zoning or not. He isn't really a good measure of the Dem Clout. I'm not saying they are within miles of powerful, but he is a rather unfair representative.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006, 01:15:44 AM »

Does Texas require a majority or a plurality to win?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2006, 01:23:12 AM »

Does Texas require a majority or a plurality to win?

Plurality.  Only majorities are required in primary runoffs.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2006, 01:29:26 AM »

Btw, the introduction of the KBH vs. Radnofsky numbers with the same Gubernatorial sample make me think this Rasmussen polling incarnation is too Democratic, by a good bit actually. 

KBH's base numbers will be about 60% of the state, Radnofsky will start out with about a third of the state.  There simply isn't much movement from there.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies