I think this is how parties should nominate candidates for Prez. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:10:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  I think this is how parties should nominate candidates for Prez. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think this is how parties should nominate candidates for Prez.  (Read 15153 times)
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -5.04

« on: June 17, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »

Have all the primaries be on one day, that would be gine.

Wow. I have been saying that since 2000 and no one has ever agreed with me.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:24:29 PM »

I also agree.

Could you guys offer an explanation as to why you think it would be better this way?  We know my point of view and argument, but i'd like to see why you guys prefer the nationwide primary. 

It leads to better campaigns for the primary because they wont be able to turn it around half way through. This one-day primary forces candidates to give it all they have. In other words, it will eliminate the likelyhood of the candidates being two people who said the right thing on Super Tuesday. That's my main reason, that and it would save an anus load of time.
adam
Captain Vlad
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:04:29 AM »

I also agree.

Could you guys offer an explanation as to why you think it would be better this way?  We know my point of view and argument, but i'd like to see why you guys prefer the nationwide primary. 

It leads to better campaigns for the primary because they wont be able to turn it around half way through. This one-day primary forces candidates to give it all they have. In other words, it will eliminate the likelyhood of the candidates being two people who said the right thing on Super Tuesday. That's my main reason, that and it would save an anus load of time.

Is saying the right thing on super tuesday necessarily bad?

No, but it urks me how a candidate can be a pathetic waste of cells and organs for an entire year...and then finish second (or even first!) because they rattled off ONE good line of crap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies