Granholm for Governor Ad Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:02:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Granholm for Governor Ad Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of the Michigan Democratic Party's 1st Ad Campaign for Granholm?
Strong +

Weak +

Neutral

Weak -

Strong -

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Granholm for Governor Ad Campaign  (Read 1201 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:42:33 PM »

It was really interesting to me that:
1) They bashed Bush, NOT DeVos
2) Granholm didn't endorse it.
It didn't do much for me, only said, who else do we have, since we can't rely on the President, so I'd say Weak +.  It just seems like the MDP is bitter for Kerry not winning, but doesn't really talk about DeVos @ all--but @ least there's no mud-slinging--yet.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 11:47:21 PM »

I think it's decent, nothing overly spectacular but lays out some differences pretty decently.

I think it makes sense to go after Bush more than Devos, at least for now; remind people of the general state of affairs, then get to specifics about Devos later. Plus, highlight the positive accomplishments as well, negative campaigns almost never work if they don't have a postive record to highlight as well.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:49:46 PM »

I think it's decent, nothing overly spectacular but lays out some differences pretty decently.

I think it makes sense to go after Bush more than Devos, at least for now; remind people of the general state of affairs, then get to specifics about Devos later. Plus, highlight the positive accomplishments as well, negative campaigns almost never work if they don't have a postive record to highlight as well.

Right--negative ad campaigns work best as rebuttals against a positive (whether it's true or false).
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 12:16:59 AM »

The MDP came out w/ their 2nd campaign.
Once again it was not endorsed by Granholm (does anyone know why?).
They did take out the jab at Bush at the end--which I think was a better thing for them.  Insulting Bush will:
a)Fire up the strong Dems. more, but do nothing for her
b)Fire up the strong Reps. more, but do nothing for her
c)Perhaps turn away some Bush-supporting fence-voters, while not really adding that many.
d)Turn away more non-Bush-supporting fence-voters than it would've added.

So I think the 2nd ad is better than the 1st, but it still didn't address DeVos--not really a good or bad thing.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 12:32:55 AM »

Bush's approval ratings in Michigan are quite a bit lower than Granholm's, so I doubt there are a lot of "Bush supporting fence voters". Obviously there are some but they would be far outnumbered by the swing voters who oppose Bush.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 01:18:36 AM »

Bush's approval ratings in Michigan are quite a bit lower than Granholm's, so I doubt there are a lot of "Bush supporting fence voters". Obviously there are some but they would be far outnumbered by the swing voters who oppose Bush.

Right, but I still think it was a wise move on the MDP's part.  Do you know why Granholm hasn't endorsed either one?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 01:49:53 AM »

Right, but I still think it was a wise move on the MDP's part.  Do you know why Granholm hasn't endorsed either one?

No, I can't say that I do know. Obviously a lot of ads are run without the direct approval of those they are designed to benefit, but I don't know the reason in this particular case.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 01:54:58 AM »

Obviously a lot of ads are run without the direct approval of those they are designed to benefit,

Right, but this is directly from the MDP.  It's not like the Swift Boat Vets for Truth or anything.  This is HER party.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies